Perhaps two more perfect words have never been spoken together in the same sentence — pumpkin and bacon, but here they are. And look at how delicious they are when combined!
You may be thinking about traditional fall flavors like pumpkin, salted caramel, maple and cinnamon, but try taking your flavor game to the next level by pairing them with hearty meats like bacon, jerky or beef, like in these Bacon Pumpkin Bars using HORMEL® Real Bacon Pieces – you may find that opposites really do attract!
This recipe created in the Hormel Test Kitchen is sure to be a hit with bacon and pumpkin lovers alike! Try it out for yourself and see what you think!!
Bacon Pumpkin Bars
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (16-ounce) package cream cheese frosting
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup HORMEL® Real Bacon Pieces
- Grease 9x13-inch pan. Heat oven to 350°F.
- In bowl, mix together sugars, oil, pumpkin and eggs until smooth. In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Mix wet and dry ingredients together until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased pan. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool.
- Mix together cream cheese frosting and maple syrup. Spread frosting over cool pumpkin bars. Sprinkle with bacon pieces.
What is your favorite fall treat? Have you ever tried experimenting with it in a new way?
I am currently a member of the Hormel Foods Extended Blogger Program and this post is part of my involvement in the Group. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiment in The Mommy Bunch are my own.