If you have been living at all this past decade you will know that bacon is all the rage. Of course I’m a fan of bacon myself, I just usually prefer to eat it with other foods and not by itself. Recently I had the chance to try the new New Hormel® Black Label® thick cut bacon in the Cherrywood variety. Talk about great bacon! I made a bacon wrapped chicken breast dish that turned out awesome and I must admit, the bacon is what gave it that one-two punch!
About New Hormel® Black Label® thick cut bacon varieties
Unique bacon flavors have been popping up on restaurant menus lately, and now you can have the same treat at home! Hormel has added three new savory and sweet varieties to its popular Black Label bacon line: Cherrywood, Pecanwood, and Brown Sugar. Try these on burgers, sandwiches, or as a way to add some sizzle to your breakfast routine.
Connect with Hormel on social media to learn more!
Hashtag – #HormelFamily
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HFRecipes
Twitter – @HormelFoods
Bacon wrapped chicken breast strips recipe
Want to try this amazing recipe for yourself? You really should…even my kids loved it! In fact, I served it as pictured on a bed of raw spinach and my son ate it all, including the raw spinach. I’ve never seen him eat fresh veggies so fast! He even told me, “wow, this is really good…can you make it again?!”
If that isn’t a testament to how good it tastes I don’t know what is. I have actually served this again since, and the second time around I served it on a bed of rice. I also added some of the raw spinach in with the rice and some pineapple chunks. Even more delicious! Try it any way you like, but just try it. I’m sure you’ll love it!
- 1 package thick cut bacon
- 3 chicken breasts cut into strips
- seasonings to taste (I use Mrs. Dash, garlic powder, cumin, pepper, chili powder, and rosemary)
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup (you can use the imitation variety but I find the real stuff tastes the best)
- Season all sides of your chicken breast strips with desired seasonings.
- Wrap bacon around strips and place into a dutch oven or other oven safe dish.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the top of all the chicken pieces.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40-50 minutes until chicken is done and the bacon is crisp.
- Serve over fresh veggies or rice.
So tell us…
What is your favorite way to eat bacon – BLT, with eggs and toast, wrapped around chicken, or on its own?
I am currently a member of the Hormel Foods Extended Blogger Program and this post is part of my involvement in the Group. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiment in The Mommy Bunch are my own.