Busy weekday nights are the perfect time to whip up a quick and easy casserole. We have a few favorites around here, but I also love coming up with new recipes to try in order to incorporate all the ingredients we may have on hand. After surveying what we had on hand I decided on this tasty cheesy chicken, broccoli, & rice casserole would be just the thing.
Great for Using Up Leftovers
My family loves broccoli (and the fresh stuff we had was nearing the end of its life), and we all also love chicken, rice, and cheese, so using up our previous leftovers in this fun dish was simple and quick. I love when I can revive leftovers and give them a new life. I came up with this really easy recipe that everyone loved, and my son even asked for seconds!
If you don’t have these ingredients as leftovers, no worries — you can use fresh ingredients as well! Whip up a batch of rice quickly in a rice cooker. Our favorite is this one – we’ve had it for 6 years and going strong so it was totally worth the investment! Plus we use it almost daily to make oatmeal.
One Pot Wonder – Makes for Easy Cleanup!
I love how easily this cheesy chicken, broccoli, & rice casserole recipe comes together because my husband hates when I have to dirty a dozen dishes just to make a meal. With this one, I don’t even use a bowl! I just add all the ingredients to a 2-quart dish and mix it right up.
You could probably use a smaller dish, but I wouldn’t recommend it as the mixing might get messy, plus the topping works great when it is spread out over more area.
This recipe has a simple crumb topping. You can use cereal or bread crumbs. We went with cereal broken into little bits, then topped with a drizzle of butter. It adds a little sweet punch to this savory dish.
Ready to try it for yourself?
Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, & Rice Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups of diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can cream of chicken or your favorite flavor soup
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1½ cups shredded cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½-3/4 cup crushed cereal or breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients into a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Mix up all the ingredients except cereal/breadcrumbs and butter right in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the crushed cereal over the top of the casserole.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until casserole is heated through.
This post for cheesy chicken broccoli & rice casserole is sponsored by Post Cereal, all opinions are my own.