Every once in a while, we all like to indulge in a fun treat. While it isn’t the norm around here, a little sweet treat is sometimes just the thing after a long day at school or work, and can be a special little reward for a job well done. These Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Crunch Bars have just the right amount of sweetness, with a bit of added goodness, for a fun after school treat after a long day. Everyone in your family is sure to love these!
Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Crunch Bars Recipe
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Honey Bunches of Oats Crunchy Honey Roasted cereal
- 1 cup Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Microwave honey and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min.; stir until well blended.
- Add marshmallows; toss to coat.
- Microwave 1-1/2 min. or until marshmallows are puffed; stir until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Press cereal firmly into a foil-lined 13x9 pan. Cool. Cut into 24 bars.
- Tip: I use the aluminum foil with a non-stick side so I don't have to grease the foil prior to using. The whole pan of bars will just lift right out and you can cut it much easier this way.
- You can also substitute any type of nut if you don't have Macadamia Nuts.
This recipe is pretty simple with only a few ingredients needed. I find it easiest if I get everything ready to go before I start melting the marshmallows as you have to work quickly once they are melted.
Once you have everything mixed together, just press the cereal mixture into your foil lined pan. Press firmly, you want the bits to stick together!
Tip: Use the foil that has a non-stick side. If you do this, you do not have to grease it and everything just slides right off. You can pop the whole thing out of the pan and cut right on your counter to make it much easier to handle.
That’s it — a very simple and easy to make treat to enjoy after school, or whenever!
This post has been brought to you by Honey Bunches of Oats, opinions are my own.