Not too long ago I shared my family’s favorite Taco Pie recipe with you. We absolutely love this recipe for a quick weeknight meal because it is so simple to make, and takes almost no time at all.
Well, we were back at it again, but this time I decided to change things up a bit and use some Chi-Chi’s Cilantro salsa. If you like cilantro, tacos, and cheese…you will love this recipe!
Just remember to add lots of cheese. The cheese helps hold it together…and make it nice and gooey, just like we like it over here!
Bake until golden, let sit for a few minutes, then dig in!
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts per box)
- 1 jar cilantro salsa (or salsa of choice) (14-16oz)
- 1 lb ground turkey or ground beef
- 8 oz shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- Brown the turkey in a 12 inch skillet (drain fats if necessary)
- Pour in entire bottle of salsa and heat through
- Pour mixture into pie plate with bottom crust in place
- Top with cheese and second crust
- Bake in 350-degree oven until crust is golden brown
- Serve with toppings of choice
So tell us…
Have you tried this taco pie yet?