I love a good creamy soup. Especially one that uses the flavors of the season and is nice and hearty to warm me up on a cool fall day. This Sweet and Creamy Crockpot Corn Chowder does just that!
Sweet and Creamy Crockpot Corn Chowder
This recipe actually has some pretty simple ingredients. Potatoes, cream corn, whole corn, chicken broth, diced ham, diced onions, butter, and half and half. Simple, right?
The first thing you need to do is dice up your veggies and ham. You can use leftover ham that you cooked, or ready to eat ham.
Mix it to your desired consistency.
Add the butter and the half and half, cook for an additional 30 minutes, and then enjoy!
PRO TIP ==> Before you get started, don’t forget to grab some Slow Cooker Liners for easy clean-up. BPA free, and FDA certified, these are a great tool to keep stocked!
And this soup ladle is just fun to have. Who wouldn’t want Nessie in their kitchen?!
- 6-8 potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 Can cream corn
- 1 Can whole kernel corn
- 2 Cups Organic Chicken Broth (my favorite kind!)
- 8 Ounces diced ham
- 1 Cups diced onions
- 1/4 Cups butter
- 2 Cups half and half
- Place potatoes, both cans of corn, chicken broth, ham, and onions into the slow cooker and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Mash up the mixture to your desired consistency to make a nice creamy texture and bring out the sweetness in the corn. I used a hand blender and it works wonderfully in soups.
- Add the butter and half and half
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes on high
What is your favorite fall soup recipe?
Need a new slow cooker or blender? Check out these options below with good reviews!