This easy to make meal option is perfect for those nights when you need a quick, yet delicious meal option that the whole family will love. Loaded with veggies and protein, it is a great choice when time is short.
To get started simply coat the bottom of your baking dish with a thin layer of pasta sauce, then add a layer of corn or your vegetable of choice. I like corn since it is easy, so I use corn.
Next, add a layer of cooked pasta (should be al dente), and then a layer of pasta sauce with meatballs. Cover the entire layer of pasta with your sauce.
Once the meatballs and sauce have been added, add your favorite shredded cheese.
Finally, add a layer of pepperoni slices. Continue to layer each of the ingredients until you reach the top of your baking dish (pasta, meatballs & sauce, cheese, pepperoni), ending with pepperoni on top.
Add a heaping pile of cheese on top and toss in the oven.
Bake until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbly.
Let cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!. What you end up with is a wonderfully cheesy and delicious pizza inspired pasta bake!
- 1 box rigatoni pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 2 jars pasta sauce of choice (I love the Simply Nature organic sauce)
- 1/2 bag frozen meatballs (heated in your pasta sauce)
- 8 oz shredded cheese of choice
- 1 package pepperoni slices
- 1 14 oz can of corn
- Coat the bottom layer of your baking dish with a light layer of pasta sauce.
- Begin layering your ingredients starting with corn, then pasta, meatballs & sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
- Layer until your baking dish is full.
- Cover the top with a layer of shredded cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
So tell us…
What is your favorite way to enjoy pizza flavors?