Now that Thanksgiving is over and we are heading full into the Christmas season I figured I would share a simple, yet tasty recipe to use either on those holiday leftovers, or anytime you are feeling ready to jazz up your main dishes!
Hormel Cure 81 ® Jazzed up Ham Pinwheels
This simple dish is super easy to make using your leftover ham, or if you are like me…anytime you are in the mood to have some ham and have lots of leftovers to use up!
- Hormel Ham Slices from Cure 81 Spiral Sliced Ham
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼-1/3 cup sour cream
- seasoning to taste (I used garlic powder, Mrs. Dash, curry salt, and onion powder)
- 1 package crescent rolls
- Hormel Fully Cooked Bacon
- Sliced Muenster Cheese
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, and seasoning together. Set aside.
- Lay out your crescent rolls and press seams together to form 2 large rectangles.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the top of your crescent roll flats.
- Layer with ham, cheese, and bacon.
- Roll up and slice into ½in wheels.
- Place on baking sheet and sprinkle more bacon on top.
- Bake according to directions on crescent roll package (watch for browning).
More great appetizer options from Hormel:
As the cooking frenzy takes over, it’s essential to remember all of the supporting characters of the holiday meals beyond the main dish – like appetizers!
Before the big event, tempt your guests with these simple but tasty starters:
- Bacon and Bleu Cheese Crostinis: Give your appetizer selection a bit of flair with these Bacon and Blue Cheese Crostinis. Elegant and flavorful, each crostini is a mouthful of generous portions of Hormel® Fully Cooked bacon and cheesy goodness.
- Cherry Almond Ham Bundles: Traditionally the starring dish in holiday meals, ham can also be a featured ingredient in other parts of the meal! Treat your guests to a delectable and unique appetizer like these Cherry Almond Ham Bundles featuring Hormel® Cure 81®.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip: Spice up the party with this easily shareable and crowd-pleasing dip filled with Hormel chunk breast of chicken. It is perfect to pair with breads, chips, crackers and veggies.
So tell us…
What is your favorite way to enjoy leftover ham or turkey?
I am currently a member of the Hormel Foods Extended Blogger Program and this post is part of my involvement in the Group. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiment in The Mommy Bunch are my own.