If you love Halloween as much as I do then you MUST add these cute little ghost shot glasses to your party list! Your friends and family will not be able to stop talking about how cute they are, and how yummy they taste. Just be sure to keep the kiddos away, or make a non-alcoholic version just for them.
Ghost Shot Glasses
- Place one cup of bright white chocolate candy melts at a time in medium microwavable mixing bowl. Heat in the microwave for 60 seconds. Remove and stir. Repeat in 20-second intervals, or until completely melted. Be sure not to overheat. Remove from microwave and stir until candy melts are completely smooth and silky.
- Using a small spoon, slowly pour bright white candy melts into each shot mold. Be sure that mold has been thoroughly cleaned and dried ahead of time.
- Repeat this process until all 8 shot molds have been filled.
- Tap mold against countertop to ensure all air bubbles have been eliminated. Lift mold above your head to check for air bubbles. If there are none, you may proceed to the next step. Otherwise, repeat tapping. You may also stick a butter knife into each mold to help eliminate hidden air bubbles.
- Place mold in freezer for approximately 30 to 40 minutes. Remove mold from freezer. Slowly invert each shot mold until candy melt shot glass is released. Carefully place each candy melt mold upright onto a clean, flat surface.
- Using your black writing gel, draw your version of a ghost. With these ghost shot glasses, I have drawn eyes and a mouth on all of them, but each looks slightly different.
- Do NOT keep the shot glasses upright. Lay each down on its back (face up) and allow to dry for at least an hour or overnight before sitting upright. Otherwise, your ghost face will begin to slide off.
- Pour white rum into sealable container. Cut marshmallows into pieces. Add marshmallows to rum. Seal. Shake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove and shake. Place a strainer against the glass and pour marshmallow infused white rum into each ghost shot glass.
- Slice mini orange slices halfway down the center. Garnish each ghost shot glass with orange slice at rim.
- Serve immediately.
Edible Ghost Shot Glasses with Marshmallow Infused White Rum
Gather your ingredients:
Making the Candy Shot Glasses
Melt the candy melts until completely melted.
Pour into a clean and dry shot mold. Be sure to tap out any air bubbles by tapping against a counter.
Place the mold into the freezer for about 30 minutes, then remove and invert to release the candy melt shot glass.
Place each mold upright onto a clean, flat surface. Look at how cute they are already!
Using your black writing gel, draw ghost faces on each shot glass. Be sure to lay each ghost on its back (face up) and allow to dry overnight (or at least an hour) before standing upright.
Making the Marshmallow Infused Rum
Pour 8oz rum into a sealable container. Cut your marshmallows into pieced and add to the rum. Seal the container and shake. Allow to refrigerate overnight so the rum can become nice and infused with the flavor of marshmallow.
After sitting overnight, remove from the refrigerator and shake again. Place a strainer against the glass and pour the rum into your shot glasses when you are ready to serve. Garnish with mini orange slices!