I recently registered for gifts for my upcoming baby shower and was completely shocked and blown away by the amazing deal that Babies R Us is offering expecting moms right now! Here are some of the details, but the best thing — anytime someone buys something off your registry, you get money back (up to $200)!
- Expectant parents and caregivers can earn up to $200 back on items purchased off their Babies“R”Us Registry created between now and November 15, 2013 through the Sweetest Registry Deal Ever promotion.
- Moms can earn 10% back on purchases made off their Babies“R”Us Registry (up to $200). This will come in the form of an e-gift card approximately 10 weeks after their expected arrival date, enabling parents to purchase even more products and essentials for baby.
- Due to its unmatched assortment of innovative and exclusive baby products and trusted expert assistance from Registry Consultants or online resources, registering withBabies“R”Us is a smooth, seamless and efficient process.
- While in-store, registrants will also receive additional perks, such as a special welcome package, which includes a Baby Registry Planner with a full checklist of essential items, invitation cards to inform family and friends that they are registered at Babies“R”Us, a $5 off $25 coupon, product samples and more.
Setting up my registry
Quick Links to Info on This Page
First, when I went in to the baby center at our local Toys R Us they sat me down and asked a few questions (it only took a few minutes), and then got me set up with a VIB (Very Important Baby) card. I had never heard of this before, but it is basically a card people can load money onto for you as a gift. Any time someone loads money, Babies R Us will automatically add 10% to that amount. I thought this was a pretty sweet idea!
I also got a nice little gift package for registering with them. It came with a few samples of products as well as some coupons. What a fun and cute surprise!
Next, I got to do the fun part… use the scanner! Who doesn’t love running around the store scanning all the cute things you would like to have for baby? I sure think it is fun. 🙂
My Babies R Us Registry
So here are a few things I registered for. These are items that I think are essential for any expecting parent (keep in mind we already have a crib, swing, car seat, and stroller):
- Halo SleepSack Swaddle (safer than blankets)
- Waterproof Mattress Cover (several so you are not doing laundry every day)
- Moby Wrap for baby wearing
- Bottle cleaning tools (even if breastfeeding these could come in handy if pumping)
- Bottles (or breastfeeding supplies)
- Bath tub kneeler (save those knees!)
- Socks (you can never have enough socks!!)
- Play Yard with changing table (this seriously comes in handy!)
- Car Seat Headrest (an infant really needs the extra support)
- Hangers (again, you can never have enough!)
- Ubbi Diaper Pail (perfect for cloth diapers!)
- Cloth diapers (LOVE that you can register for these!)
- A great high chair
- and don’t forget crib sheets, wipes, diapers (if not doing cloth), and anything else you think you will really need.
My one word of advice as an experienced mom, don’t get all the gimicky stuff that looks really cool and you think you might need…chances are you won’t need it and it will just lay around taking up space. Stick to the essentials!
Sweetest Registry Deal Ever!
Create your own registry now through Nov. 15th and you can take advantage of this awesome program! Remember, moms can earn 10% back on purchases made off their Babies“R”Us Registry (up to $200). This will come in the form of an e-gift card approximately 10 weeks after your expected arrival date.
Babies R Us Giveaway!
To help celebrate this sweet registry deal, Babies R Us has provided us a $50 gift card to give to one lucky fan! Enter on the form below (US 18+)
So tell us….
What would be on your registry as a must have item?
The Babies“R”Us information and gift cards have been provided by Babies“R”Us. The Mommy Bunch received a gift card to facilitate the post, all opinions are my own.