As much as I try to meal plan and stay on top of the “what is for dinner” question, I still fall short of having a plan on more days then I want to admit. However, I am always up for the challenge and find it fun when I end up throwing a little bit of this and and a little bit of that, and maybe a pinch of this or that too. A lot of times these dishes don’t really have names per-say, but we usually come up with something creative!
My Husband decided to call this SPAM-ghetti, although I don’t think it is the best name for such a tasty dish.
- 1 can of Pesto and Basil Alfredo sauce
- 1 can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can of SPAM, diced
- 1 bag of Angel Hair pasta
- In a sauce pan simmer SPAM, veggie of choice and sauce of choice.
- In a second pan boil water for your noodles.
- Once the noodles are cooked according to package directions, toss with sauce and enjoy!
This recipe packed a spicy punch, which made my husband think it was the greatest thing since sliced bread! I would have loved to have had more time to make the alfredo from scratch, or to have added peas or asparagus instead of tomatoes, however, this was a very tasty last minute meal!
So tell us…
What is an easy, yet tasty dish that you like to prepare when you are in a pinch?