Is there anything more perfect to eat for breakfast than pizza? Especially when your pizza is Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pizza! When your pizza has the a nice thin and crispy crust and offers the perfection of just-cooked baked eggs, you are in for a treat. To top it off, add some Hormel Maple Bacon and this simple and easy breakfast is absolute bliss.
The best part? This recipe is so easy to make. You can speed up the whole process with a premade crust, but feel free to sub in your favorite homemade pizza dough if you have a great recipe you like to use. I actually used pre-made dough that came in long strips, however, this recipe is designed for a regular round pizza crust.
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- 1 1/2 cups pre-made alfredo sauce or homemade Sausage & Cream gravy
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 5-6 eggs
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spread the alfredo sauce on the pizza dough
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Use the back of a spoon to make 5-6 small wells in the sauce and cheese and crack an egg into the center of each well
- Sprinkle with bacon
- Bake for 8-15 minutes, depending on your preferred doneness of the eggs
- Before you begin: if using a store bought or fresh pizza dough, spread the dough onto a pizza pan sprinkled lightly with cornmeal and bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 7 minutes
- Be sure when making your wells for the eggs that you make the sides high enough to keep the whites from running out and off your pizza, a few of mine were just a tad too low.
I am currently a member of the Hormel Foods Extended Blogger Program and this post is part of my involvement in the Group. While Hormel Foods provides me material and necessary resources to complete various activities, all statements and sentiment in The Mommy Bunch are my own.