This super simple soup is not only easy to make, it is delicious too! Perfect for any season, it is sure to be a new favorite for the whole family!
Keep it simple by using canned ingredients (especially in winter when fresh is hard to find), or head to your favorite farmer’s market and get some fresh produce to make this soup your own. Substitute any of the vegetables for your favorites and add in anything that you normally like to eat to make this even more delicious.
Mexican Meatball Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 15 oz Beef Broth
- 1 jar Herdez Mexican cooking sauces (or your favorite salsa)
- 16 oz canned corn
- 16 oz (1 package) frozen meatballs
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Lime
- Chi-Chi's Flour Tortillas (1 per person)
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Add all ingredients to a stock pot or dutch oven and cook until meatballs are heated through, approx 30 mins.
- When you are ready to serve, half a lime and squeeze a few drops into each bowl to enhance the flavor of the soup.
- When you are ready to serve the soup, heat a frying pan to medium heat. Add a tortilla to the warmed pan and toast until brown on one side, flip over and toast the other side.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the tortilla into strips and serve alongside each bowl of soup.
- Add any of your favorite vegetables to this soup to kick it up a notch.
- During summer, it is fun to use fresh vegetables if they are available.
- When everything is finished cooking and I'm ready to serve, I love to toast up my tortillas and cut into strips. They add just the right amount of crunch. I also like adding a few slices of avocado and a bit of sour cream to help tame the heat a bit.
**warning** the Herdez Mexican cooking sauce is a bit on the spicy side, which I didn’t know before using it so if you have those who don’t like a lot of spice I suggest using a mild salsa instead.
Thanks to Hormel for the great products to sample. All recipes, images, and opinions are my own.