This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpooktacularSnacks #CollectiveBias
It is no secret that I love Halloween. If you know me, it is also no secret that the one indulgence I allow myself every year is the monster cereal lineup from General Mills. The Count Chocula® has always been a favorite and brings back so many memories of eating this beloved cereal as a child. The Boo Berry® and Franken Berry® are delicious as well and are close runners up to my favorite.
This year I thought I’d take it a step further and combine my love of chocolate, Count Chocula, and cupcakes all together in one fantastic treat! I give you — Count Chocula Cupcakes!
Count Chocula Cupcakes
These cupcakes were so moist, and so deliciously chocolate, you are going to just love everything about them – I sure did!
To assemble these super tasty and super easy cupcakes head to Target to get the exclusive Monster’s Castle cereal boxes, grab a Betty Crocker cake mix and frosting, and any decorator gel of your choice.
Making the cupcakes is almost as simple as following the recipe on the box. You follow any given instructions right up until the end.
Start with your package of cake mix.
Add the required amount of oil.
Add the eggs, then the water.
Give everything a good mixing.
Then, before you add the mix to your baking cups, crush up some Count Chocula cereal in a zip top bag. A rolling pin or any hard object will work well to crush the cereal. About 1 cup before crushing is all you need. Add this to the cake mix and mix it in.
Once everything is nicely mixed together, simply add to your baking cups. I like to use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to fill them so I know they are all being filled to about the same level, plus it makes it a lot easier to scoop out.
Bake according to package directions, then let cool. Once your cupcakes are cooled they are ready to be decorated. You can add frosting any way you choose, but I love to put it in a piping bag and pipe it on nice and neat. Then I add some decorative elements with some decorator’s gel, and as a final touch, add on some Count Chocula marshmallows to top it off!
In the end you get some beautiful cupcakes that are perfect for any Halloween party, or just to eat yourself!
- 1 Betty Crocker Cake Mix - Chocolate Fudge
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Count Chocula cereal
- Extra cereal for decoration
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat cake mix, water, oil, and eggs on low 30 seconds, then on medium speed for two minutes - or mix by hand until all cake mix is incorporated.
- Crush 1 cup cereal and stir into cake mix.
- Line regular-size muffin pan with paper baking cups. Spoon batter into cups and bake 14-19 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes, remove from pan. Completely cool before frosting.
- To frost, add frosting to a piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes, then add Count Chocula marshmallows to complete the look.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees for shiny metal pan.
Be sure to check out more spooktacular recipes over at the Spooktacular Snacks hub!
I’d love to hear about your favorite spooky recipe!