If you are soaking up as many things pumpkin as you can right now, you are not going to want to miss this decadent Pumpkin Cookie Bars Recipe. They are so delicious, and so ooey-gooey, that you will wonder where this recipe has been all your life!
Pumpkin Cookie Bars Recipe with Nutella Stuffed Centers
These bars are pretty simple to make but give a huge taste punch. You start with a cookie base that includes using pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling), and simply layer your ingredients in a pan, bake, and enjoy!
I really try to use Organic Ingredients whenever possible, even when making sweets, because I really do believe they are better for my family. If we can at least limit the amount of pesticides and other foreign materials that enter our bodies, I feel we have a bit of a better chance at overall health.
That being said, these bars are pretty dang sweet, so they are definitely a once in a while indulgence for us. Limiting sugar is important for a healthy diet, but a sweet treat now and then isn’t the end of the world. 🙂
For the Nutella stuffed pumpkin cookie bars recipe, you simply start by combining the butter, pumpkin, and sugars in a mixer (or mix by hand) and mix until smooth.
Next mix in everything but the flour and combine well. Mix the flour in last, mix until you get a nice cookie consistency. Press half the batter into the bottom of a baking dish. You’ll bake this for about 8 minutes.
Heat your Nutella in the microwave to soften it up, then pour evenly over the partially baked crust.
Scoop the remaining dough over the top by the Tablespoon. Carefully spread with your fingers. Don’t forget to take a few licks (if you are just making this for at home) and really enjoy this fun dessert! 😉
Don’t worry if it isn’t perfectly smooth.
Bake for an additional 17-20 minutes until golden brown and ENJOY!
Nutella Stuffed Pumpkin Cookie Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a small brownie pan or baking dish with a small amount of oil.
- Place melted butter, pumpkin, and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. You can also use a hand mixer. Mix all together until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Mix in egg yolk, baking soda, salt, spices, and vanilla.
- Mix in flour until batter is smooth.
- Press half the batter mixture in the bottom of the pan. Just enough so it makes a think layer that covers the pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Place Nutella in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for just a few seconds until pourable. Pour evenly over the top of the partially baked crust. Spread it carefully so it doesn’t rip the cookie bars.
- Scoop tablespoons of batter over the top and carefully spread with your fingers. It won’t be a smooth layer but will mostly cover.
- Bake an additional 17-20 minutes until the top is no longer glossy and the edges are golden brown. Cool completely before slicing.