I was at my chiropractor’s office recently and she happened to have an open house welcoming new clients that day. While I was there I of course helped myself to some of the yummy treats she had, and one of those treats was this amazing tasting chocolate mousse. I just couldn’t get enough, so of course I asked her for the recipe.
She gladly gave it to me, and I was shocked to find out that not only was this chocolate mousse delicious, it was healthy too! I’ve been eating it as a fruit dip ever since. It tastes great with bananas and strawberries, would make an awesome cake filling, or just works great as a stand-alone dessert!
Vegan Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Made with avocados, figs, and cocoa, there is no added sugar, no dairy, and no regrets! This is a completely vegan chocolate mousse recipe, and trust me…you will love it!
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup figs (soaked overnight)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup Raw Organic Cocoa Powder
- optional - stevia to taste
- Add the figs (de-stemmed), vanilla, and water to food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the avocado and cocoa powder and process.
- Add extra water as needed until the desired consistency is reached.
- When adding water use the water your figs were soaked in. No need to let that syrupy water go to waste - plus it gives a little extra flavor without having to add any processed sugar or artificial sweeteners.
Want to get the ingredients I used? Here is where I got mine:
I suggest getting the avocados and water locally. 🙂