This Breakfast Bagel Sandwich article has been sponsored by StarKist. Opinions are my own.
We have a big family, and now that the kids are home from school for the summer I have been struggling to come up with different ideas for breakfast and lunch recipes for the kids. I mean, I could make the same old thing day after day, but that gets pretty boring. I like to change it up once in a while just to expand their palates and break from the mundane.
I always ask myself a few questions when deciding on a new breakfast/lunch idea for the kids. I ask, is it nutritious, is it convenient, will the kids actually eat it?
A Bold Flavor Idea
I was recently asked to try the new StarKist Tuna Creations and to be honest, I was a little skeptical at first. We love tuna in our house because it is nutritious, quick, and the kids love it, but these were tuna pouches with a bit of flavor added. And to top it off, they sent us their BOLD line to try, which included a Jalepeño flavor, Hot Buffalo flavor, and Thai Chili Style.
I don’t know if you know this about me, but I am not a fan of spicy foods. The good news is, my husband does like a bit of spice, and so does my eldest. Even the younger kids like a good kick to their foods once in a while. So I was afraid everyone was going to love these except me.
To prove my point about how much my kids not only love tuna but also like spicy foods, my 10yr old son began begging me to eat one of the pouches. My kids know that I typically have to take photographs of food before they get to eat any, but he was so insistent on eating this tuna that I barely got any photos in! He tried the Hot Buffalo style pouch, and of course, he loved it!
Perfect For Snacking
A few days later all the kids wanted to try the pouches. I only had a few pouches, and I still needed to decide on a recipe to try these with, but I couldn’t keep them away — they loved these pouches that much! They ate the Jalapeño flavor, the Hot Buffalo, and there was even a Mango Chipotle that I had brought back from a recent conference. They gobbled them all down straight out of the pouch – no recipe needed here!
These pouches really do make a great snack option. You simply tear, eat, and go. I love this because it makes it easy to take a nutritious lunch or snack with us if we are on the go. The kids have baseball, soccer, gymnastics, and more. We can grab a few pouches, some crackers, and some raw veggies and we have the perfect lunch that is ready to eat whenever we are ready!
Jalapeño Tuna Breakfast Bagel Sandwich
What I love about this breakfast bagel sandwich is that it is easy to make and whips up in a cinch! Plus it is pretty darn nutritious too.
The Jalapeño Tuna Creations feature:
- 70 calories per pouch
- 13g of protein
- Natural source of Omega-3s++
- Gluten Free
- Soy Free
- Wild Caught
- Dolphin Safe
++ StarKist Tuna Creations® BOLD Jalapeño contains 130 mg of EPA and DHA omega-3s per pouch combined.
To make your Jalapeño Tuna Breakfast Bagel Sandwich:
1) Toast your favorite bagel and add butter. I like to use the everything bagel because I love the flavor!
2) Fry two eggs over hard.
3) Place an egg on each half of your toasted bagel.
4) Add a slice of Organic Valley American Cheddar (our favorite) on either side.
5) Fill up the other side with the StarKist Jalapeño Tuna Creations. Add as much as you like and don’t hold back.
While it is a bold flavor, I’ve found that it is not actually very spicy, and I would know since I do not like spicy food!
More About Tuna Creations
- Available in 21 varieties, including 13 deliciously seasoned Tuna & Salmon Creations, tuna & salmon in water or oil, as well as low sodium options
- Feature at least 13+g of lean protein and 110 calories or less* per pouch to keep you fueled
- Are single–serve and require no can opener and no draining
- Make it easy to add seafood and protein to your favorite salads, meals, and snacks…or you can just grab a fork and eat straight from the pouch wherever you are – just Tear. Eat. And Go!
- Visit http://starkist.com/, and follow @StarKistCharlie on Instagram and Twitter.