Interested in starting a blog but not sure where to begin or what to write about? Already have a blog but in a rut or looking to take it in a new direction?
Today I have some tips for you from guest author, Jody Cowan, of Mom ‘N Daughter Savings.
Jody has been blogging for about a year and a half, and has given us some tips that she finds most useful when she is thinking about what to write on her own blog. Check out these great tips, and be sure to visit her at Mom ‘N Daughter Savings to see more!
Blogging Tips – How to blog
Here are some blogging tips I have come to rely on and believe in.
- Blog about things you are passionate about
- Redo what has been done and make it your own (just not a copy)
- You don’t have to wait until everything is PERFECT
- You don’t have to do what others think you should, just be yourself
- Surround yourself with other bloggers and ask for help when you need it
- Don’t sweat the small stuff, but keep track of it– sometimes that matters the most
- Always proofread your work, sometimes spell check doesn’t get it right
- Time management is key, prioritize what needs to be done right away
- We should all support each other
- Never close the door on a potential client; if it doesn’t fit now, it might later on
- Pitch, pitch, pitch
- And Last but Probably most Important, get sleep!
More about guest author Jody Cowan:
I started couponing about a year and a half ago. I admit, it was because of the show Extreme Couponing. I quickly discovered that it just wasn’t possible to get $400 worth of groceries for $2.59. But the good thing about it was, that’s when I found blogging.
At first I went to blogs I found on Facebook while I was looking for coupons. The more I read blogs, the more interested I got. Then one day I decided I wanted to be a blogger! And now, I love it!
It’s fun and I meet lots of interesting people. Plus I get to try new products and help people.