When it comes to back to school shopping there are certain essentials you need; notebooks, pencils, markers, etc. But this time of year also means I get to shop for the fun things, like new clothes and new shoes (for my kids not me, lol)! Okay, so my son is only five years old and this may be a little more fun for me than it is for him, but I can’t help it. I’ve loved back to school shopping ever since I was a little kid, and I still do today! Picking out the cutest little outfits, and the perfect pair of shoes has got to be one of my favorite things during back to school season. We don’t really shop for clothes on a regular basis so this is our time to get what we need to last us through the winter and into spring. One of the top priorities for me this year was getting my son a pair of shoes that would not only be comfortable, but also last.
When I was introduced to the pediped line of shoes my first reaction was, “I need to try those!” Okay, really my son needs to try them, but you know what I mean. I was able to get a pair of khaki sneakers for my son to try and we are in love! There are a few things about the pediped line of shoes that make them different, including the Flex Fit System, which allows the shoes to basically grow with your child. There are three lines of shoes they offer, and each is different based on the age and foot size of your child. The three lines are Originals, Grip ‘n’ Go, and Flex. Read more about these below.
· The Originals® line of soft-soled flexible infant shoes is recommended by pediatricians and podiatrists because the shoe’s design closely mimics barefoot walking.
· The Originals® collection will be priced from $35 to $43, and are available for children 0-24 months in age.
Grip ‘n’ Go™
· Grip ‘n’ Go™ footwear is made with all the benefits of Originals®, but with special G2 Technology™ for active toddlers that are transitioning to walking with a more confident stride.
· The Grip ‘n’ Go™ collection will retail for $48 to $52 and are available for children 9 months to 3 years in age.
· pediped Flex® is the ultimate shoe for confident walkers who have developed a solid, natural stride. With more than 75 styles, the pediped® Fall/Winter collection features a style for every occasion.
· pediped’s innovative new line of washable athletic shoes, made with Ultra-Light Technology™, are specially designed to support children’s growing feet. Featuring flex grooves to support natural foot movement and heal cushioning, pediped’s athletic line provides maximum flexibility while remaining light as air.
· pediped’s line of waterproof boots is set to debut in late August. Featuring rugged, self-cleaning soles, a gusseted tongue and a temperature rating of -20°C, this line provides the ultimate in durability, style and comfort. Styles include Cruz a colorful boot for boys and girls, Harper a stylish boot for girls and Spencer a comfortable ankle boot for boys.
· Flex® styles range in price from $47-$79 and are available in EU sizes 20-33 (size runs vary depending on style).
The first thing I had to do before ordering the shoes is print off the sizing guide to ensure I was getting the proper size. It has been a while since my son has had new shoes so this was a must, especially since we were ordering online and not trying them on in a store. TIP: On the sizing guide there is a big red arrow that says match your ruler with ours to ensure accuracy. DO NOT skip this step! I didn’t match up my ruler so when I measured my son’s foot and gave the size, the shoes ended up being about 1 size too large. This is not a huge deal, especially since with the Flex Fit System it brings them down to only about 1/2 size too large, plus he will grow into them. But if you want to get the correct size the first time around, make sure to use a ruler and match it up to their sizing guide.
When the package with the shoes arrived my son was very excited and he wanted to wear them immediately. He seems to really like them, and was disappointed when I told him he could not wear them up to grandma’s farm. We can’t have new shoes getting all dirty before school right! Here are the shoes we got:
Other than the sizing, the shoes are great! I love the extra insole for the flex fit system that allows you to basically use the shoes longer. And since the insoles are removable, you can wash the shoes without worrying about ruining the insoles. I think this is great! The overall design of the shoe really is wonderful. I also really like the khaki colors since it goes with most things (something boys could care less about I’m sure!). The shoe is also made well and the material used is very durable. I am positive these shoes will last for a long time! We haven’t had a chance to really use them for an extended period of time, so I will have to come back to update you on how they hold up to a five year old at recess every day, but from what I can tell they should last.
The other thing I really like about these particular shoes is that there are no laces to tie. My son is five and has no desire to learn how to tie his shoes. I’m not going to force him at this point as I feel that would just set his learning back further. He will learn when he is ready. Also, the shoes have arch support! How many kids shoes can you say that about? I think this is a great thing because we should be taking care of our kids feet just like we would our own.
For this contest, 50 finalists will each win a $50 gift card to pediped.com and a pediped sports pack. One grand prize winner will also receive a pediped bicycle and a chance to be featured in pediped’s new athletic campaign. If you would like to enter visit the pediped website here.
Written by Jesica.
Disclosure: The Mommy Bunch was provided a free product to facilitate this review, however, all opinions are strictly our own.