Good food and good friends go hand in hand, at least that is what I think Winnie The Pooh would say. To celebrate the release of Christopher Robin to Blu-ray and digital on Nov. 6, here are a couple of friendsgiving recipes to try out with your friends!
Grilled Fruit Kebabs with Honey Lime Yogurt Dip
- lbs. assorted fruit (strawberries, pineapple, mango, kiwi, peach, nectarine, plum)
- 8 metal or bamboo skewers
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
Instructions for skewers:
- Heat grill to medium-high, making sure grate is clean
- Thread chunks of washed, peeled or seeded fruit onto skewers. (If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 10 minutes to minimize chances of burning)
- Grill for 3-4 minutes per side, turning carefully so fruit does not fall off of skewers
- Remove from heat and serve with dip
Instructions for Dip:
- Combine yogurt, honey and lime zest and stir until well blended.
- Keep chilled until serving time
- Note: The best fruits are ones with firm flesh such as stone fruits or pineapple. Stay away from melons as they tend to soften too much
Peanut Butter Crispy Rice Treats
- 3 cups Rice Krispies or crispy rice cereal
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with wax paper, spray wax paper with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine peanut butter and vanilla in a medium sauce sprayed with olive oil spray. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring to prevent burning.
- Add marshmallows, continuing to stir until marshmallows melt and blend with peanut butter.
- In a large mixing bowl pour peanut butter/marshmallow mixture over Rice Krispies and stir until completely coated.
- Press cereal mixture into a lined 8×8 pan and cool in refrigerator 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
Christopher Robin Giveaway
Don’t forget to include movie night in your friendsgiving plans! Enter to win a copy of Christopher Robin using the entry form below. US 18+ only.