When you are shopping for a new truck there is a lot to consider. Once you’ve narrowed it down to the make, you still have to think about the model differences.
If you have settled upon Ford as your truck of choice, you still have a decision to make.So what are the different F-150 models to choose from?
Ford F-150 Model Differences
The Ford F-150 is one of the most tough and capable trucks on the market, built to work smarter not harder. The experts at Zeigler Ford have crafted an informative guide that gives you all of the information in one place.
If you’re looking for a straightforward truck with class-leading capability, the XL is for you. Built to work hard, the XL is equipped with everything you need and nothing you don’t, ready to get the job done without a fuss. Key features for the capable F-150 XL are as follows:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 engine
- Electronic 6-Speed Transmission with Tow/Haul and Sport Modes
- Trailer Sway Control
- Fully boxed frame
- Auto Start/Stop Engine Technology
- 3-in. Productivity Screen
- Rear View Camera with Dynamic Hitch Assist
- AdvanceTrac®with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC®)
For those looking for some added amenities, while still maintaining the heart of the XL trim, the XLT provides what you need. The extra tech niceties will keep you connected, and the convenience features will help you get through your day quicker. These additional XLT features supplement the XL’s features above:
Taking things up a notch, the F-150 Lariat is outfitted with an extensive list of features, and a new engine, that aren’t available on lower trims. If you want modern tech incorporated into your daily drive, this is the trim for you. Features you won’t find on the XL or XLT trims are as follows:
If you didn’t know it was an F-150, you might think the King Ranch was a luxury vehicle. Along with its upgraded interior, a powerful V8 is also equipped on the King Ranch, providing enormous power and adding towing & hauling capacity. If you want a truck that plays just as hard as it works, the King Ranch is it. Top features on the F-150 King Ranch are listed below.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 engine
- Electronic 10-speed Transmission with Tow/Haul, Snow/Wet, EcoSelect and Sport Modes
- 18-in. machined-aluminum wheels with Flash Gray pockets and Caribou King Ranch® logo ornaments
- Front bucket seats with center flow-through console, King Ranch®leather trim
- Heated steering wheel wrapped w/ Mesa leather
- Unique genuine wood interior trim accents
- SYNC®Connect with Wi-Fi® hotspot
- SYNC®Connect powered by FordPass
- Voice-activated Navigation with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®
- Remote Keyless Entry System
- Remote Start System
Near the top end of the F-150 trim lineup, it’s easier to list what the Platinum doesn’t offer than what it does. With a combination of options that mix a high-end luxury sedan with a rugged off-roader, the F-150 Platinum can truly do it all. Key features offered for this trim are as follows:
- Trailer brake controller
- 20-in. polished aluminum wheels
- B&O PLAY® premium audio system with single-CD and HD Radio™
- Black carpet flooring with unique front and rear floor mats
- Black leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Enhanced Security Pack
- BLIS®(Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
- Remote Tailgate Release
- Power Deployable Running Boards
The pinnacle of high strength, military grade F-150 design is represented in the Limited trim. If you’ll only be satisfied with the utmost quality and capability, the Limited trim is for you. While all the features included with this remarkable truck can’t be listed here, we’ve detailed the best below.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® Twin-Turbo V6
- 360-Degree Camera with Split-View Display
- Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go
- Pre-collision assist with pedestrian detection
- Lane-Keeping System
- Flow-through center console with floor shifter
- Twin panel Moonroof
- Satin Finish Main Bars with Chrome Minor Bars Style, Satin Finish Surround and Silver Inserts on Grille
- Satin Chrome door and tailgate handles with body color bezel
- LED Fog Lamps
- Autolamp – automatic on/off headlamps with rainlamp wiper activated headlamps
- Front seats w/ unique multi-contour leather
- Heated rear seats
The only thing standing in the way of the truck of your dreams is deciding what are the different F-150 models that are right for you.
The decision may come down to solely budget, or which features you’d prefer to have, but no matter which truck you choose you are sure to get a winner no matter what!