Looking for a great gift that you can make yourself and won’t cost a lot of money? This Peppermint Sugar Scrub is sure to be a hit with anyone on your list. Mom’s, Aunt’s, Sister-in-Law, or even in the office gift exchange! It is super simple to make, and everyone is sure to love using it.
Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- 2 cups white or cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (use more or less depending on desired consistency)
- Natural Red food coloring (you can also use regular food coloring if you wish)
- Peppermint essential oil (use your favorite brand, or ask me about Neal’s Yard Remedies essential oils that are pure, organic essential oils without the markup)
- Mar jar(s) with lid (makes multiple 4oz and 1/2 pint jars or 1 full pint jar)
- Pour sugar into medium sized mixing bowl
- Add coconut oil until desired consistency is reached; stir
- Place a few drops of peppermint essential oil into the mixture
- Divide your sugar scrub mix into two equal portions
- Add a drop or two of food coloring into one of the portions until you reach the color of red you would like
- In Mason jar, alternate pink and white layers of sugars to create a “candy cane” effect. Press sugar down with a spoon to compact between layers.
- Attach a cute label to your jar and you have a great DIY gift anyone will be sure to love! (Click to open in new window and print)
Wallah, you have an amazing DIY gift ready to give to anyone on your list. Even the hard to buy for are sure to love a heartfelt gift like this!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest updates on all things parenting, crafts, travel, and more!
You're almost there! Be sure to check your email to confirm your subscription.
By filling out this form you are agreeing to receive emails from
J Helgren Media LLC (The Mommy Bunch, Rock Your Craft).
Spam Free. Unsubscribe at any time.