Snack time is always something that causes me grief. I’ve got healthy meals down, but for whatever reason, I never seem to have snacks ready to go. It is so important for me to get the kids off to a healthy start by choosing foods that set them up for success down the road, so toddler snack options have to be carefully considered.
Quick Links to Info on This Page
Easy Toddler Snack Options You Can Say Yes To
Healthy Snack Ideas
Depending on how well your child is at chewing (mine is not quite at the hard, solid foods stage yet) some of these may need to wait just a little longer:
Healthy Snack Options to Keep Stocked (a list)
- String Cheese
- Yogurt (sugar-free and add fruit)
- Grapes (cut very small for little mouths)
- Cherries (cut very small for little mouths)
- Apples (cut very small for little mouths)
- Hummus (with Pita Chips)
- Broccoli Crowns (bite-sized, steamed)
- Cauliflower Florets (bite-sized, steamed)
- Baby Carrots (bite-sized, steamed)
- Celery (Only if your child has mastered chewing. With or without sugar-free peanut butter)
Don’t have fruits and veggies handy? Gerber Lil’ Beanies has been my go-to snack lately whenever I don’t have any fresh veggies steamed for my youngest, or when my 2-yr old wants a fun snack I can say yes to.
About Gerber Lil’ Beanies
The first bean-based snack in the baby aisle, Gerber® Lil’ BeaniesTM is made from the goodness of navy beans to deliver 2 grams of protein (9% Daily Value), 1 gram of fiber, and 10% Daily Value of Vitamin E per serving. A delicious and nutritious treat, your little ones will love it for its taste and you’ll love it for its nutrition. Gerber® Lil’ BeaniesTM Snack is baked, not made with genetically engineered (GM) ingredients, and is naturally flavored! One of many great toddler snack options!
What Toddler Snack Options Do You Choose?