Do you love to host a potluck party, holiday gathering, or gather all your friends for a fun event? If you do, you are going to love these tips for hosting stress-free events!
I was just tasked with hosting Thanksgiving dinner myself, one week before the date! I started scrambling to get everything ready and figure out menu selections. Then I realized I had some tools up my sleeve to make everything a little easier on myself.
Plan Stress-Free Events
Utilize Smart Tech
The holiday season is fast approaching. Get all the help you can get by utilizing apps on your devices like the Samsung Galaxy S8! Smartphone users can alleviate the stress of holiday preparation with these top apps and services.
- Instacart is a great app for easy grocery delivery, which can save you some precious time!
The app allows users to create a grocery order from local stores such as Whole Foods and Costco. Users can select from a variety of items, including fresh produce as well as meat and seafood selections which can be delivered in less than an hour.
- Sun Basket, Hello Fresh, and Blue Apron have become mainstays for cooks and also serve as food delivery services.
These apps don’t just make cooking convenient with perfectly measured ingredients, but they also alleviate the extra stress of complicated cooking during the holidays. Users can select meals to be prepared, and then all ingredients are dropped off at their home. During the holidays, the apps offer holiday-style feasts and meals.
- Potluck Buddies for Android users and ThingToBring for Apple users make coordinating a potluck style holiday meal easy and organized.
These apps allow guests to sign up for items to bring to a dinner or holiday party, and they are practically full-fledged event planning systems that integrate right into user’s calendars!
Give Guests a Stress-Free Experience
Tech Tips For Hosts
U.S. Cellular customers are always looking for ways technology can enhance their lives and the holidays are no exception. Shopping for mobile devices is one way to simplify planning. In fact, according to a recent U.S. Cellular survey1, 59 percent of smartphone owners use their devices to shop online.
- Create a charging station at home to help guests stay connected while enjoying time with friends and family.
Provide a variety of cords and adapters to make it easy for visitors to charge their devices, whether they have a Samsung Galaxy S8, iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 or iPad.
- Share the Wi-Fi password, which will be appreciated by all guests. Keep it on a chalkboard in the entry, a fun card posted in the kitchen, or be creative and hang a sign somewhere fun.
An internet connection will allow guests to easily post photos on social media and keep in touch with loved ones who may not be able to attend.
- Lend an extra device to guests who are visiting for a few days to help them explore the town, plan outings and even take care of outstanding business and emails.
Leave a tablet in the guestroom to maximize convenience.
¹ Between Nov. 10-17, 2016, a total of 701 online interviews were conducted among a nationally representative sample by Consumer Insights, in partnership with Maritz CX.