Have you been stuck in a dish-washing rut? Pre-washing, rinsing, scraping, and everything under the sun to make sure that once you put the dishes in the dishwasher they actually come out clean. Yeah, it seems like that is what most people I talk to have been doing – my hubby included!
Recently I had a little end of summer get-together, one last little hurrah before the cold really sets in. I figured it was a great time to not only meet up with some friends for good food and great conversation, but also show them a little trick or two about washing dishes the easy way.
We all gathered around the fire outside, roasted marshmallows, ate until we were ready to burst, talked, laughed, played, and even drank a little.
After everyone had their fill we all sat down to watch a movie, but before we hit play I took a little time to show everyone just how dirty the dishes were – then loaded up the dishwasher and let it go!
Here is what we talked about before sitting down to watch our movie.
Use Cascade Platinum detergent and rinse aid and skip the pre-wash. It’s true, this is a key step for success in the dish-washing process, and just about everyone gets it wrong!
Why? Cascade Platinum works best when food soil is left on the dishes because its special enzymes latch onto that food, breaking it down so it can wash away. If there’s no food soil, there’s nothing for the enzymes to attach to and your detergent isn’t working its hardest for you.
Simply toss large bits into the garbage disposal or garbage can, smaller stuck on bits are okay to leave. Did you know that a garbage disposal is built into the bottom of almost all dishwashers?!
- Stack your dishes high and low but please be sure that bulky items DO NOT block the sprayer.
- Place tall dishes and pans in the back of the bottom rack so they DO NOT block the detergent chamber.
- Places glasses and other fragile items in the top rack. This helps keep them from the powerful sprayer under the bottom rack.
- Set glasses between tines on the rack NOT over them as wet contact points can cause spots.
- Thread any long utensils through coffee-mug handles to keep them secure in the wash. Check to ensure that there aren’t any stray utensils that will block the nozzle or sprayer.
And a bonus 6th tip: load any big dishes on the bottom rack, face down so the water is sure to reach all the nooks and crannies!
Once our movie was over and everyone was ready to head to bed, I hauled them all back upstairs to check out my dishes (such a fun host I am!). Using the steps mentioned above I ended up with some sparkling pans and really clean dishes.
The party was great, the movie was fun, and best of all – the dishes were done! 🙂
Want more info on Cascade?
Check out the reviews for yourself right on their site, or find them on social media:
Get your own sparkling dishes – enter this fun giveaway!
Enter on the form below for your chance to win (US 18+):
- 1 pack of Cascade Platinum
- 1 Bottle of Cascade Rinse Aid
- Wine Topper
- Sugar Sifter
This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Cascade. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine.