Summer is a great time to start thinking ahead and planning for how to get your truck ready for fall. You might be thinking that autumn isn’t quite as challenging as winter, the natural enemy of the automobile, which is true, but the fall season marks a time of preparation. Even though it may be a month or two away, now is a great time to get those appointments on the books!
Practical Tips To Get Your Truck Ready For Fall
- Check your oil. Your car’s engine oil is always important, but it is especially so during the fall and winter. If your oil level is low, you should contact your local auto body shop and schedule an oil change.
- Test your battery. You certainly don’t want to end up stranded somewhere this fall, which is why this is as good a time as any to test your battery. They are easy enough to replace on your own, or you can take to a service center to have it done for you.
- Inspect your wiper blades. If your wiper blades are worn or cracked, they won’t be able to do clean your windshield in rain or snow. Make sure your blades are up to par before you get stuck in inclement weather.
- Check your brakes and tires. It is important that you have good brakes and tires to ensure your safety in inclement weather and associated road conditions. If your tires are showing a lot of wear, you will likely need to replace them.
- Check the lights. Take a few minutes out one evening to walk around the outside of your car and check to see if all your lights are working properly. This includes headlights, taillights, parking lights, brake lights, and emergency flashers. If anything is out of order, be sure to replace it.
- Consider getting a tune-up. It is recommended that you give your car a tune-up every 30,000 miles or so. If you are at around that mark, it is a good idea to get your tune-up scheduled now.
More Vehicle Maintenance Tips
How To Prepare Your Car For Winter
How To Know If It Is Safe To Wash Your Car In Winter
Routine Car Maintenance Anyone Could Do
Get Your Car Ready For Summer Driving
Thanks to Lynch Mukwonago for these great truck maintenance tips!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest updates on all things parenting, crafts, travel, and more!
You're almost there! Be sure to check your email to confirm your subscription.
By filling out this form you are agreeing to receive emails from
J Helgren Media LLC (The Mommy Bunch, Rock Your Craft).
Spam Free. Unsubscribe at any time.