First, we’d like to say Congratulations to our vacation winner, Bridget! She has won a one night stay at Kalahari Resorts in WI Dells!
You know who else was a winner? Kalahari Resorts has won awards for Clean Air Recognition, and is considered a green resort!
Winner of the 2006 Partners for Clean Air Recognition Award, Kalahari Resorts continues to lead the hotel industry in energy conservation and reduction of our carbon footprint with innovative initiatives.
- Partnership with Clean The World to recycle soap and shampoo products for distribution to impoverished people, helping to prevent the millions of deaths caused by hygiene-related illnesses every day.
- Roof top solar panels which heat more than 50% of the hot water for the resort’s facilities
- Low-flow showerheads for guest rooms, reducing water consumption by 2.46 million gallons per year.
- Most advanced lighting control systems in the industry
- Transition to energy saving fluorescent light bulbs
- Motion sensor lights in public areas
- Low-flow dishwasher spray heads
- Upgrading to digital thermostats in guest rooms
- Low energy consumption water pumps in the park
- Upgrading exit signage to LED display
- Installation of massive fans in the Waterpark to lower heating costs by pushing warm air near the ceiling to floor level
- And much more!
- Kalahari has partnered with the Clean The World organization, the largest global recycler of hotel amenities, to collect and recycle their resort soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions and gels to help fight the global spread of preventable diseases.
- Since Kalahari Resort boasts the world’s largest indoor waterpark, they make it a priority to maintain eco-friendly practices to help reduce water and energy consumption. They feature low energy consumption water pumps throughout the parks, use low-flow dishwasher spray heads and low-flow showerheads that reduce water consumption by 2.46 million gallons/year.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest updates on all things parenting, crafts, travel, and more!
You're almost there! Be sure to check your email to confirm your subscription.
By filling out this form you are agreeing to receive emails from
J Helgren Media LLC (The Mommy Bunch, Rock Your Craft).
Spam Free. Unsubscribe at any time.