The moment a child arrives at their Children’s Miracle Network Hosptial, a miracle is in the making. See how your support can give more local kids the miracles they need!
Here is the story of young Olivia from Wisconsin
These days it’s hard to keep up with joyous, little Olivia. She spends her time swimming, singing and playing with friends, and that is just when she’s not skiing, playing guitar, reading or drawing. With her remarkably busy and active schedule, it’s hard to believe Olivia spent her first 11 weeks fighting for life.
Born at 25 weeks and weighing 1 pound 1 ounce, Olivia’s first moments were less than joyful. Doctors told her family the chances of significant physical disability and development delays were very high, and Olivia may not enjoy mobility the same way other children do.
And they were right. Olivia does live life differently, but in a truly wonderful and unique way that leaves her family feeling blessed for every single day. After five eye surgeries and six years of follow-up appointments, Olivia beat the odds and has grown into a compassionate, energetic and positive young lady.
CMN Hospitals funds provided Olivia and her family a neonatal isolette for the first 80 days of her life, as well as helped pay for special vision monoculars to improve her vision.
Information about Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals:
- Your support helps provide 32 million patient visits for 10 million kids every year
- One in 10 kids in North America is treated by Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals each year
- Every day, member hospitals treat 16,000 children in emergency rooms
- Every hour, member hospitals provide surgery for 97 children
- U.S. members hospitals provided $3.4 billion in charity care in 2012
Information about Walmart and Pampers:
- Walmart and Pampers are donating $200,000 to CMNH in June of 2015
- By purchasing products like Pampers Swaddlers at your local Walmart, portions of the proceeds will go to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
- Visit Walmart.com/cmnh for more information and to make your own donation
Do you someone who was helped by the Children’s Miracle Network?
Please share your story with us in the comments.
The Walmart gift cards and information have been provided by P&G.