If you are searching for a great place to go horseback riding, why not go to the place that is known as ‘Horsetown USA’?! Norco, California is an authentically Western town located just 34 minutes west of Anaheim and is loaded with things to do for horses and people alike!
Whether you are visiting southern California or are a resident, a quick road trip out to Norco can have you horseback riding in no time!
Horseback Rides in Norco
When you take a road trip it is always fun to have a destination in mind. Add Norco in Southern California to your list of places to visit and you’re sure to have a great time at any of these places.
- Western Trails Horseback Rides – Beautiful guided rides along the Santa Ana River for only $25 on weekdays.
- S&D Horseback Riding – Try their Sweetheart Rides for a romantic date, which includes a mid-ride break with chocolates and cider and a bouquet of roses at the end.
- Norco Equestrian Academy – Offers more in-depth horse riding lessons and training, along with services for horses you may own.
- Shadow Glen Ranch – A great place to board and train horses. They also offer riding lessons.
- Starbrite Riding Academy – Another good choice if you want to learn specific riding styles such as dressage, western, and others.
- Hearts & Hooves – dedicated to serving individuals with special needs, they offer therapeutic riding.
- Stacy Turner Stable & Riding School – riding instruction by certified instructors who can get you back to enjoying riding!
Grab a Bite in Norco
While you are enjoying a great time learning how to ride a horse you will be sure to work up an appetite. Any of these locations is a great choice for a place to grab a good meal when you are ready to hit the road again.
- Rodeo Cafe – Start your day right with pancakes or a heaping plate of chilaquiles.
- Black Horse Tavern & Grill – Horses evoke the Old West, and every Western town needs a steakhouse. Black Horse specializes in marinated hanger steak.
- Badlands BBQ – Feed your inner cowboy (or cowgirl) some smoked brisket, pulled pork, or even jalapeno bacon mac ‘n cheese.
- Rodeo Burgers – The famous Norco burger shop
- Bob’s Big Boy – With the famous cowboy Big Boy
- Burger Boss – Build-your-own burgers with fresh ingredients and grass-fed beef.
Road Trip Tips
Whether your road trip is long or short, here are some additional blog posts that can make for an even better experience:
Title image credit: Stacy Turner Riding School. Thanks to Browning Dodge for these great horseback riding locations.