This review was made possible by iConnect and Pampers. I was provided compensation to facilitate this post, but all opinions are 100% mine.
It is still hard to believe, but I have another newborn in the house. I honestly never thought four kids was in the cards for us, and then it just happened. I have a beautiful new baby boy and we couldn’t be happier now that our family is finally complete.
But first let me back up. I was pretty shocked when I first realized I was pregnant. We weren’t trying to have another baby, it was just one of those things that just sort of happens and takes you by surprise. As with all of my pregnancies I was was worried. I had already had three c-sections, so the thought of a fourth really made me nervous since the risks go up with each repeat surgery. I was pretty anxious all the way up until the actual day of the surgery, but the one thing that really helped me on our scheduled day was the nurse assigned to me.
Her name was Jessica as well, and she was all mine, all day. I say that like a creeper, but I’m so glad that the hospital gives you one nurse who takes care of you through the whole process that first day, and I’m really glad I got the nurse I did. She was so wonderful at explaining every little process and step along the way (yes, I’ve gone through this before but each time you get worried, and really when you are in the moment you don’t remember all the little things that take place).
Jessica brought me ice chips, and warm blankets, and more pillows, and she was very gentle whenever any type of test or procedure needed to be done. She really was an excellent nurse for me, but she was also really great with the baby after he was born. She made sure I could nurse him right away, while still on the operating table, and she made sure he was never out of my sight and was fully taken care of. I am so grateful for wonderful nurses like Jessica that make life better for mom and baby, that I am nominating her for the Pampers Thank You Nurse Awards.
Nominate a Nurse
If you have a great story about a nurse who helped make life #betterforbaby, Pampers invites you to share their stories by submitting a nurse nomination to the Pampers Swaddlers Thank You Nurses Awards. Nurse nominations can be submitted between November 9th and December 14th.
- Three finalists, one in each category (Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Postpartum), will be announced in March and the grand prize honoree will be announced in May.
- The three finalists will be honored with short documentary videos showcasing their unique and inspirational nursing stories.
- Each of the three finalists will receive a one-year membership to the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN), attendance at the 2016 AWHONN Convention, Procter & Gamble care packages, and more. Visit tongal.com/pampersnurses for full prizing details.
- In honor of these nurse winners, three Pampers Swaddlers scholarships will be made available to help nurses from underrepresented groups complete their studies toward a Master of Science in Nursing degree.
- See details and official rules at spr.ly/6181BPvMF.
- Winner must be a resident of the US or Puerto Rico, 18 years or older.
- Nomination period ends 12/14/15 at 3PM EST.
Win $100 and Pampers Swaddlers – Giveaway!
As an extra incentive, and as a thank you, fill out the entry form below for your chance at a $100 American Express gift card and a pack of Pampers Swaddlers. Nominations not required to enter, but greatly appreciated. Open to US 18+ only.
Additional chances to win
The Pamper #ThankYouNurses Twitter Party, hosted by iConnect will take place on November 19 from 8-9pmCST. Prizes will include:
Prize 1: $50 AMEX plus diapers and wipes
Prize 2: $75 AMEX plus diapers and wipes
Prize 3: $125 AMEX plus diapers and wipes
Grand Prize: $350 AMEX plus diapers and wipes
RSVP: diapers and wipes
Don’t forget to share — what’s your #betterforbaby story? Do you have a nurse to nominate?