About Just Dance 2014
Just Dance 2014 – the sequel to Just Dance 4, the world’s #1 selling dance game – is bringing all new moves with breakthrough features for every motion-control platform and over 40 of the hottest tracks! Dance to current pop hits or celebrate with legendary classics – then take the fun to another level by playing with anyone anywhere in the world, leading back-up dancers, or creating customized Just Sweat experiences. Bring home the ultimate party starter and join in the fun!
Key Features of Just Dance 2014
World Dance Floor: Dance with anyone anywhere in the world in Just Dance’s first-ever online multiplayer mode! Players join a virtual crew – made up of real-life friends or other Just Dance fans – and compete based on different themes (“Boys Vs Girls”, “Crew Vs Crew”). Players can also track their standing on global leader boards, check out fun stats about other players around the world, and see community updates.
On Stage Mode: Own the spotlight in this new mode where one player will dance, lead two back-up dancers, and even sing if they want! As the star of the show, the player can take it seriously and show off how talented they are, or just goof off with friends.
Just Sweat Mode: Players can personalize their Just Sweat workouts by creating custom playlists and tracking calories. There’s also a new option to track calories in all game-play modes, even outside of the dedicated Just Sweat mode.
Family Fun and Just Dance 2014
My kids and I had a great time trying this game out. I did a few moves, but am limited with some of the more complex stuff due to my pregnancy (all that jumping around doesn’t feel so great right now), however, my kids just loved trying out the songs and I can’t wait to really get into the game with them once baby is born. What I love about games like this is that it is something the whole family can do together!
Here is a snippet of my daughter and son trying out a couple songs. It is a little dark, but you can see they are having a great time!
Some great features that they’ve kept from previous versions:
- I really like that the characters aren’t overly realistic. It just seems easier to follow along this way. I also love the characters present in some of the songs–you might be dancing as a panda, zombie, flower child, or ghost. My kids loved that some of the songs included kids and we could all dance as a different character.
- A great workout in the just sweat mode. You can play 10, 20, or 40 minutes at a time, or turn on free mode to count calories on any song you play during the game. You can’t save playlists though; one is randomly generated for you each time. You can customize the playlist each time prior to working out if you like a variety of music each time you workout.
Here are some of the newer things in Just Dance 2014 that seem to be pretty good:
- You can set up a profile and give yourself a nickname with Dancer Cards. Then you can track your total kCals burned in Just Sweat Mode, keep track of your favorite songs, your average star rating, and your online level. You can even choose from a set of avatar faces to identify you, and some of them are quite cute. 🙂
- They also have added online game-play where you can go to the ‘World Dance Floor’ and see the number of online players dancing. You can join in and participate in friendly competitions, voting for songs, or just dancing with the group and seeing who gets the highest score. You are only identified by your Dancer Card nickname so your identity, and also any embarrassment will be kept to yourself. 🙂
- There is a great new mix of contemporary songs and oldies. Some of the newer songs wouldn’t have been my first choice, but they did include a good variety, and I always love being able to pick out some oldies-but-goodies to dance to!
More about Just Dance 2014
Find out more about Just Dance 2014 by visiting the Ubisoft Blog, or take a peek at the game site here: Just Dance 2014
Find Just Dance 2014 for purchase on Amazon:
So tell us…
Have you ever tried any of the Just Dance games? What do you love about video games that get you up and moving?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest updates on all things parenting, crafts, travel, and more!
You're almost there! Be sure to check your email to confirm your subscription.
By filling out this form you are agreeing to receive emails from
J Helgren Media LLC (The Mommy Bunch, Rock Your Craft).
Spam Free. Unsubscribe at any time.