Over the past six months +, I have been sharing some stories with you about using the Verizon service, some of my favorite apps, and a few new devices I got to try out as part of the Savvy Saver program through Verizon Wireless.
This program will soon be coming to an end. I am truly saddened by this because I have immensely enjoyed working with the fine folks at Verizon, and have enjoyed using their outstanding 4G service!
I’m not too weepy though, because I actually already have Verizon service on my own personal account, and Verizon was kind enough to allow me to keep the new Motorola Droid M they sent for review.
What I Love About Verizon Wireless!
Today I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite things about working with Verizon on this great program, as well as some of my favorite experiences using the Verizon wireless service.
- One of the most exciting things for me as part of this program, was getting to meet all of the other fun bloggers who were taking part; as well as meet some wonderful people who are involved with promoting and/or working with/for Verizon. It has truly been a great experience working with this great group of people!
- Meeting Ali Worthington (co-founder of Blissdom) was another wonderful experience. She is a really nice gal, and a hoot to meet in person. I can’t wait to meet her again when I hopefully get out to Blissdom sometime in the future.
- Having reliable wireless service that worked whenever I needed it has also been a blessing. My kids have been able to use so many educational apps, watch movies, stream content, and so much more! Long car rides have never been easier–seriously!
- Of course testing out new devices like the Motorola Droid M, and the Motorola Xyboard has been great as well! I love all the features on both of these devices, and honestly never though I would be a tablet lover until I met the Xyboard!
- Having and using mobile hotspot. I had this capability on my previous phone, but I never really thought to try it out until I took part in this program. I am soooo glad I did! I have needed it more times than I can count, especially when hotel wi-fi leaves little to be desired!
- Giving away awesome prizes to my readers. I love being able to give away great stuff, and Verizon has made it possible for me to give awesome prizes to some lucky fans!
Sharing the Motorola Xyboard from Verizon Wireless
One of the great things about taking part in the Savvy Saver program with Verizon was the chance to use some great devices, but I also got to share them. To be honest, once I got my Motorola M, the Xyboard was used more by my son (who just loves all of the apps he can use), and by my husband.
Because they are the ones who have been using the tablet the most, I have decided it would be a great gift for them. My son loves to go to the website Starfall, which he uses in his computer classes at school.
He was so excited to be able to share this website with me, and the day I finally figured out which site he was talking about and pulled it up on the tablet, he couldn’t have been more excited! I was really happy to be able to allow him to continue using this educational site whenever he wants.
I gave the tablet to my son (and my daughter too — they share), and told my husband he could use it when they weren’t hogging it, lol. This has really worked out great, because when one is using the desktop computer, the other can still go on starfall on the Xyboard and both kids are happy, which means mom is happy since there is less fighting!
Using The Motorola Droid Razr M with Verizon Wireless
I have always been an android user, and my first smartphone was the Droid X, so hopping over to the Droid M wasn’t too much of a change for me, but the upgrades this phone offers over the X were amazing!
I cannot compare how this phone rates next to another brand, but as far as a droid phone goes, this one is top notch.
Some of the things I love:
- Screen shot capabilities. Just simply hold the volume down and power button at the same time and you can take screen shots.
- Folders. I love that you can group multiple icons in one spot instead of taking up your whole home screen with shortcut buttons.
- Smart Actions. My phone can be set to do certain actions based on a number of settings I specify. For example, when I am at work, it knows to turn the ringer to silent without me having to do a thing.
- Edge to edge screen. I love the fact that most of the phone is the display, not a lot of wasted space and that means a smaller overall phone design!
- Google Voice Actions. LOVE LOVE LOVE. You can tell your phone what to do and it will do it! Check out this feature in the video below:
Simply put, the Droid Razr M is an awesome phone, and paired with Verizon’s 4g service, it really cannot be beat. It is super fast, and has worked great for me so far.
- I have noticed that when I switch into a 3g area, the speed really lags.
- My volume function for phone calls appears to be malfunctioning. I cannot turn down the volume, so I either have to put it on speaker phone, or put in earbuds as my ears cannot take the extremely loud volume during a phone call. I will be contacting Motorola to determine how to correct this.
Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Wireless Midwest Savvy Savers program and have been provided with a wireless device and six months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product.