Perhaps it is just the time of year, or my busy lifestyle, but eating out has become a regular thing lately.
It used to be only once or twice a month, and now it is almost weekly, and sometimes a few days a week that I find myself eating out. Whether it be for business purposes, community events, or just because I am on the go, eating out has been one of the toughest parts of staying on track with Nutrisystem.
When I eat out, I rarely leave an empty plate. I know they typically give you over-sized portions, and eating all of the food given is not always the best idea for losing weight, but I just get into this mindset that I’m going to get my money’s worth. Because lets face it, eating out is expensive, and you could probably make three meals for the price it cost you to order that one dish.
Tips to eating out while losing weight – Nutrisystem Success!
Okay, so eating out CAN still be okay if you approach it the right way, and you can still lose weight even if you do have to eat somewhere other than home occasionally. Here are a few tips from me, and Nutrisystem, to help you have an enjoyable — and successful — dining out experience:
- Pre-plan before you go!
- Choose the restaurant carefully — lets face it, some places are much better to eat at than others when you are trying to lose weight.
- Make your meal fit into your normal schedule (basically don’t starve yourself the whole day so you can have that huge meal at the restaurant, it is not really healthy).
- Plan what you will order by looking online, and then don’t look at the menu when you get there.
- Think portion control at all times — this is a huge one for me, as portion control has always been my issue in the past. I am doing much better at figuring out what is the right amount of food for me!
- Remember that YOU are in charge of what you eat!
- Ask for a to-go container up front, and pace yourself when you eat.
- Remember that dining out is a treat, so savor every bite until you are satisfied — but not stuffed!
Nutrisystem Success Report!
This week was not a huge weight loss week, but I don’t really expect any of them to be. Honestly, if I can keep losing a pound or two a week I will be really happy. I’m getting closer to my goal every time I look at the end result and that is all that matters!
Program Starting Weight: 159 lbs
Weight loss this week: 1 lbs
Weight after week 5: 152 lbs
Total weight loss: 7 lbs
I hope you will continue with me on my journey, as I blog each week of my experiences and success with Nutrisystem Nation over the next four months! You can find all of my Nutrisystem stories as I journey through this program by visiting this link: Jesica’s Nutrisystem Journey
Disclosure: The Mommy Bunch received a free product for facilitating this review, however, all opinions are our own.