The Most Common Question New Moms Ask – Survey
A new survey of pediatricians (conducted by SERMO, the largest online network exclusively for physicians, in conjunction with Perrigo Nutritionals) looked at the most common questions new moms will ask, and one concern rose to the top: 52 percent of pediatricians say the number one topic of questions from new moms is about infant feeding.
While I strongly advocate for nursing your child as much as you can, I know that it isn’t always an option for everyone. I chose to nurse my own daughter, however, after a few months I had to supplement with formula due to weak milk production.
Others may find themselves in a similar situation, or have other reasons for not being able to nurse. What most moms don’t know is that the FDA strictly regulates infant formula to keep little ones safe, so store brand infant formulas, like Walmart’s Parent’s Choice and Target’s Up and Up, are nutritionally comparable to national brands like Enfamil® and Similac® and meet FDA standards. Most importantly, pediatricians agree! According to the “Pulse of Pediatricians” survey, 71 percent of pediatricians believe all infant formulas are basically the same; the brand doesn’t matter. Parents can feel good about using store brand formula and they can even save up to $600 per year; without compromising quality!
Other Questions from New Moms
If you are a new mom, soon to be a new mom, or thinking about starting a family any time soon, you probably have a lot of questions. While I don’t propose to have all the answers for you, here are some of the questions that I personally had when thinking about my new baby that was on the way:
- What food choices are the best for me while pregnant? -I tried to stick to healthy foods as much as possible and even quit drinking the awful-for-you soda while pregnant!
- What food options are the best for baby, both during infancy and beyond? -As I mentioned above I decided to nurse and supplement with formula, and now we are feeding only organic foods to your 10 month old in addition to the formula.
- Are vaccinations really safe at such a young and vulnerable age? -This is a choice you need to make for yourself, but after much research I decided to do a delayed vaccination schedule and only give certain vaccinations starting at 4 months of age. I chose vaccinations that I deemed necessary, as well as safe. My anti-bodies protecting baby were enough during those first few months, especially since we rarely left the house.
- Who will I get to care for my children when I go back to work? -This wasn’t really all that hard of a question as we have reliable child-care as well as wonderful family support.
- Are cloth diapers the best choice for me? -YES, cloth diapers were an awesome choice and I’d do it all over again — wish I had started with the first two!
New Mothers and the Art of Worry
While I’m sure as a new parent there will be many more questions popping through your mind, just be sure to check with both your pediatrician, and do your due diligence of research. Find what works for you and your family and be content in knowing you made the best decisions for you regardless of the opinions of others.
Remember, every mother is a new mother at least once and worrying is par for the course — just don’t let it consume you. One thing that really helped me relax during those stressful moments was a nice soak in a hot bath, or even a trip to the masseuse for a pregnancy massage!
Get a head start on some baby shopping – Giveaway!
To give you a little head start on some much needed retail therapy (always calmed me when stressed), enter below for your chance to win a $25 Visa Gift Card! (US 18+)
So tell us….
What do you think of the Pulse of Pediatricians survey results? What new questions did you have or do you have as a new mother?
Product, gift cards, survey results and information have been provided by Perrigo Nutritionals Store Brand Formula.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest updates on all things parenting, crafts, travel, and more!
You're almost there! Be sure to check your email to confirm your subscription.
By filling out this form you are agreeing to receive emails from
J Helgren Media LLC (The Mommy Bunch, Rock Your Craft).
Spam Free. Unsubscribe at any time.