A couple months ago I told you about how I was going to be a brand ambassador for Verizon Wireless, and then I told you about my trip to Chicago to meet the Verizon Wireless team and some of the other bloggers in the program. I even shared a little tidbit about using the video recording software that is on the Xyboard to record family events. Well today I wanted to share with you some discoveries I have made while using the Motorola Xyboard I was provided to test out as part of the program.
- The Xyboard is an AMAZING tool when you are trying to keep your bored kids occupied in the car, or at an event they don’t want to be at. You can download numerous apps that will keep the kids occupied for seriously hours at a time. My kids enjoy exploring the new games I install for them, and they have a few favorites that they play all the time as well. A few of their favorites are Memory for Kids, Kids Connect the Dots – Christmas, Kids Doodle, Tracing ABC (the free version which only comes with half the alphabet unfortunately; however, I just installed ABC Handwriting Print which is very similar so we will see how that goes), and their ultimate favorite is Kid TV Lite (this one they fight over, but for some reason it doesn’t always work on my tablet, but it works flawlessly on my Verizon powered phone).
- There are actually apps that I like too! (I’ll do a more thorough review on these in the future, so stay tuned, but for now I’ll just list a couple I like) The Facebook, Gmail, and DirecTV apps are probably the ones I use the most, although I also like the Flixster app quite a bit.
- The Verizon 4G LTE service is absolutely awesome when it comes to streaming videos or movies without interruption, delays, or lag. You can literally watch a whole movie without any pauses or breaks in the video. This is truly awesome when you are on a long trip with a 2yr old and 5yr old who don’t like to be in the car for four hours at a clip. Well I don’t really like to be in the car that long either, so we do take some bathroom breaks, but the videos really help!
- The picture quality on the camera is pretty good, and since losing the battle with my handheld camera (it died, with no hope of resuscitation), I have been using the camera on the Xyboard as my main camera. We do have a big clunky DSLR camera, but who wants to lug that thing around everywhere? Plus, with the Xyboard I can upload my photos directly to any site I want; Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, etc.
- The battery life on the Xyboard is not so good. I tend to run out of juice fairly quickly. I even installed an app, Juice Defender, but it doesn’t really seem to help much. This is one improvement that needs to be made….longer battery life.
- I have discovered that I will probably not be able to go without a tablet going forward, lol. This same thing happened to me when I got my first smartphone. There is just no going back. If you get one, you will probably feel the same way, it just cannot be helped. 🙂
Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Wireless Midwest Savvy Savers program and have been provided with a wireless device and six months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product.