This past weekend has been an emotional roller-coaster for me, to say the least. One reason is due to a comment I posted on my facebook page to make light of a situation in my life right now, and it sort of took off like wild fire in a completely different direction. I actually have a lot to say about some of the comments that were made, but I’m going to save that for another time, when I am not so emotionally charged. There are a few other things that have got me worked up, including finding out my Aunt’s cancer surgery did not go as planned, but today’s NaBloPoMo* challenge is to write about things that make you jump for joy. Due to the relative state of my emotional well being right now, this list may be slightly different than it would be under normal circumstances. 🙂
- When my husband agrees to put the kids to bed and the kids let him (versus me being the only one doing it every single night).
- When my husband has all the laundry washed and separated, and all I have to do is put it away (he usually does the laundry, but it is nice when he separates it and brings it up for me) — I still hate putting it away though.
- When my kids say something really cute and it just makes me smile ear to ear.
- Getting lots of snuggle time with my kids, my daughter is a snuggle-bug and loves to give hugs and smootches, and when I can sneak them from my son I’ll take them!
- When I get to sneak away and read a book for fun for a few minutes, instead of having to stay up until midnight or later to get in any reading.
- I think winning the lottery would also make me jump for joy, although I wouldn’t know what to do with myself so I’m sure I’d have to take on about 10 more adventures (I always seem to have about 3 or 4 things brewing i the pot, and more money and time would surely mean more things to do!).
- Watching my kids play nicely and respectfully with each other and other kids, they really are such great kids!
What kind of things make you jump for joy?
Written by Jesica.
NaBloPoMo stands for “National Blog Posting Month” and is a blogging challenge created by the team at BlogHer. I am always looking for great ideas to write about, so taking this challenge on was a sure thing for me. I hope I can keep it up each day….check back to see if I do and make sure to scold me if I miss a day!