Many of us have made New Year’s Resolutions, or in my case, goals for the year. With almost two full weeks of the new year gone already, have you been finding it difficult to keep track of your goals or have you been working hard to stay on track? Today’s technology and smartphones, such as the Samsung Galaxy S5, offer a variety of apps and products to help keep you on track and increase the likelihood of sticking with any resolution throughout the year.
Think about this: You and your family are already relying on technology in your daily lives, why not leverage that available technology to enhance and simplify your life?! U.S. Cellular is happy to help you do just that so you can enjoy better moments with family and friends over the New Year and all year long.
Quick Links to Info on This Page
Utilize smart technology to stay on top of goals and resolutions
A recent survey by Prosper Mobile Insights indicate more than one in four U.S. smartphone or tablet owners plan to use their smart mobile device to help them keep on track with their resolutions. I think it is a truly great way to increase accountability for yourself, as well as give you a visual and physical reminder of the end goal even if you can’t see any changes within yourself day-to-day.
Here are some great apps that can help you start 2015 right, courtesy of U.S. Cellular and their lighting fast 4G service!
- The Runtastic Six Pack app is great for those looking to lose weight or get in shape. This free app allows users to work out from home by creating custom work outs with a virtual personal trainer which will show users the proper way to do new exercises.
- The Runtastic Six Pack and its 50 workout videos can also be paired with the UP by Jawbone – a fitness wristband. It can track what you eat, any activities throughout the day and your sleeping habits, then suggest small changes that will help you reach your goals.
- Getting organized is another popular resolution, and we all know how hard it can be. The Any.Do app is an award winner that’s perfect for enhancing anyto-do list. The app allows you to create lists of tasks that need to be completed and organize them by category and importance. You can set alarms and also easily sync your tasks from your mobile to your desktop to help stay on top of any to-do list, no matter where you are.
- Many people resolve to see more of their family members throughout the year. The GroupMe app allows everyone in the family to stay in touch and make plans, no matter where in the country they are located. This app allows users to create several groups in which each member can share events, photos, videos and texts.
- Saving money is a recurring resolution for many. According to a 2014 U.S. Cellular survey, 43 percent of smartphone users made the resolution to save money in 2014. In 2015, smartphone owners can accomplish this task with the Mint Bills app. The free app allows users to link bills, bank accounts and credit cards. The app then notifies users of when a payment is coming up and even lets users set up automatic payments.
So tell us….
Which of these apps could you use to help you reach your goals?
Thanks to U.S. Cellular for sponsoring this post.