I just received a copy of Emmy Rossum’s 12-song Sentimental Journey, and I am in love!
I never knew Emmy Rossum was so talented. Did anyone else know she was a singer, or am I the only one who was in the dark on this?
I have been listening to this CD daily, and these songs are so fun and just bring me back to another time. My favorite so far is Nobody Knows When You’re Down And Out, but I really do love all of the songs. It was hard to pick a favorite, but that particular song just feels like it fits me right now. Things might be my second favorite…you really have to hear these and you will love them!
Emmy’s fun and perky voice just brings a really great vibe to these songs, and they are sure to be a hit in any collection! If you want to check out a sample, take a peek at the video below featuring the song, These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You):
More about Sentimental Journey
- Sentimental Journey, releasing on January 29th, is a collection of classic covers that takes us through the American Songbook.
- On Sentimental Journey, the multi-talented actress and singer brings us songs popularized by some of the most beloved artists of the last century.
- Emmy’s 12-song ‘passion project’ is an emotional musical journey, with each song representing a month in the year.
- “Each song needed to either lyrically or emotionally reflect the corresponding month,” Emmy explained. “Some songs were obvious fits, like Summer Wind for June, and Pretty Paper for December. Others songs were less literal fits. I chose Nobody Knows You (When You’re Down and Out) for September because, to me, the plaintive melody and lyric emotionally reflect the cold weather creeping in and the sense of melancholy we can get in the fall months.”
- Rossum is also an acclaimed actress who currently stars in the Showtime series Shameless with William H. Macy. She also stars alongside Emma Thompson and Viola Davis in the upcoming feature film Beautiful Creatures, which hits theaters on February 13th.
- Emmy will performing a track from Sentimental Journey on Access Hollywood Live on January 25th.
- Emmy will also be appearing as a guest on Conan on January 28th, Chelsea Lately on January 29th, and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on February 6th.
Sentimental Journey Track Listing:
- “Sentimental Journey” (Les Brown, Ben Homer, Arthur Green)
- “The Object Of My Affection” (Pinky Tomlin)
- “I’m Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover “(Mort Dixon, Harry M. Woods)
- “These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)” (Eric Maschwitz, Jack Strachey)
- “(I’ll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time” (Albert Von Tilzer, Neville Fleeson)
- “Summer Wind” (Heinz Meier, Johnny Mercer)
- “Many Tears Ago” (Winfield Scott)
- “All I Do Is Dream Of You” (Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed)
- “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out” (Jimmy Cox)
- “Autumn Leaves” (Joseph Kosma, Jacques Prévert)
- “Things” (Bobby Darin)
- “Pretty Paper” (Willie Nelson)
Buy Sentimental Journey
The Album releases on January, 29th, but you can preorder now on Amazon. You won’t want to miss this one! Click the link below to order now:
Follow Emmy on Social Media
You can find Emmy on Twitter, be sure to let her know we sent you over!