Have you ever dreamed of going on a cruise but feel like traveling to Florida, Alaska, or California is just out of your reach? Perhaps you want something that is not so traditional and
would like to get away from the typical cruise experience. Did you know you don’t have to travel to any of these locations just to embark on a cruise? There are lots of other destinations to start your cruise, and one underrated port of departure is Baltimore, MD! For families that are interested in this option, they can even make a mini-vacation out of their time spent in Baltimore before the cruise ship leaves.
There are loads of options that exist on things for families to do if they decide to depart for a cruise from the Baltimore, MD area. They might:
- Visit the Inner Harbor
- Take a trip to the aquarium
- Visit the B&O Railroad Museum
- Check out the Port Discovery Children’s Museum
- Explore the Maryland Science Center
- Visit the Baltimore Streetcar Museum
- See what the Carrie Murray Nature Center has to offer
- If you are adventurous try the Baltimore Ghost Tour
- For a slower pace try the Heritage Walk
- Take a walk through the Cylburn Arboretum
I have only been to Baltimore one time myself when I was visiting to attend a wedding, but just traveling through the town you can see it’s rich history. Visitors will not be disappointed should they choose to take a few extra days to explore what Baltimore has to offer! In addition, Baltimore is only an hour away from Washington DC, so you could take that time to visit our nation’s capitol and still make it back in time to catch your cruise!
Disclosure: This was a sponsored post in which The Mommy Bunch received compensation, however, all opinions are strictly our own.