Whether you are moving into a new place or thinking about redecorating, the most important thing is that you make your house feel like home. After all, it’s the likely space where you and your family will be spending most of your time. One way in which you can do this is by ensuring you put 100% into carefully designing and decorating each room – including your kid’s bedrooms.
With that in mind, here are some excellent tips that you can use to transform their room into the space of their dreams in no time at all.
- Let them get involved in the process. It’s no secret that kids always have something to say, so be sure to include them in the decorating process as much as possible. Ask them what kind of thing they’d like to see in their room – from colors to furniture. While you will ultimately make the final decision, their input is invaluable if you want to create a space that they’ll truly love.
- Choose wood flooring. Wooden flooring is an excellent choice for kid’s rooms because it’s durable and easy to clean. This means that you won’t spend hours trying to remove tricky stains from the carpet – giving you much greater peace of mind and giving them the freedom to be messy when they want to be!
- Give them plenty of storage options. Cleaning your kid’s room can take a long time – especially if they have hundreds of toys that they enjoy scattering throughout the house. Minimize both mess and clutter by finding new ways to organize your kid’s room. You can do this by making the most of the space and giving them plenty of storage options – from wardrobes to under-bed storage.
- The brighter, the better! One of the most important things to remember during this stage is that you are decorating a kid’s bedroom – meaning that it has to appeal to kids. While the rest of your home may be sleek and sophisticated in style – it doesn’t need to be the case in this instance. Therefore, you shouldn’t be afraid to bring in bright, bold colors!
- Incorporate their favorite things. Once you’ve covered the basics – such as furniture and paint/wallpaper, you need to find a way in which you can allow your child’s personality to shine through. To do that, find as many ways as possible to incorporate their favorite things into their bedroom. For example, you could purchase bed sheets, wall hangings, and curtains that feature their favorite TV show characters or animals.
- Find ways to make the space look bigger. If you’re stuck for space, try to find ways in which you can make a small room look like a big one. For example, one way in which you could do that is by bringing in as much natural light as possible – as this can truly transform a space. Furthermore, you could always bring in a cool raised bed to provide them with more floor space.