Last week I had the pleasure of learning about the Radio Disney Music Awards while attending the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 event, hosted by Disney (all expenses were paid in exchange for press coverage).
Are you ready for the 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards (RDMAs)?
The 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards, music’s biggest event for families, airs SUNDAY, APRIL 30 (7:00-9:00 p.m.) on Disney Channel and multiple Disney-branded platforms. With more performances than ever, the fifth-anniversary show will have something that everyone in the family can enjoy.
There are plenty of ways you can make this awards event a fun family experience, like hosting a kids’ viewing party at your house, creating trivia cards (see below) for everyone to play before the live broadcast, whipping up some fun RDMA themed foods, and of course, just spending some quality family time watching the show.
Ideas for RDMA Themed Foods
Sa”brie”na Carpenter (a brie and cracker plate, perfect for snacking!
Alessia Carrots (Veggie Cups)
Spinach “Ardy”choke Dip (the classic dip with a fun label!)
Britney Spears (Fruit Skewers)
‘Fiz’ and the Tantrums (Soda or Sparkling Water)
And any other fun ideas you come up with, like sparkling cake pops!
Radio Disney Music Awards Trivia Questions
Use these trivia questions (answer listed below) as conversation starters, or a fun game before the show begins.
- RDMA is music’s biggest event for families – who of our five RDMA hosts has five siblings in real life?
- Which 2017 RDMA performer had their first hit single in 1998?
- Finish the lyric of RDMA performer Train: “Now she’s back in the atmosphere_____________”
- In Fitz and The Tantrums’ hit song “HandClap,” how many claps go after the lyric, “I can make your hands clap”?
- 2017 RDMA Icon Award recipient Britney Spears used to be on Disney Channel – what year did she first appear in the Mickey Mouse Club?
- Nick Jonas is the recipient of the 2017 RDMA Hero Award for charitable contributions, but he also presented the award to a former ‘Hero’ – who was it?
- Which 2017 RDMA performer was nominated for a 2017 Golden Globe for her performance in “The Edge of Seventeen?”
- Which Grammy Award was 2017 RDMA performer Kelsea Ballerini nominated for this year?(Hint: She won this same award at the 2016 RDMA)
- Which two of the five 2017 RDMA hosts performed at the 2016 RDMA?
- Which 2017 RDMA performer competed on a season of “America’s Got Talent” – and won?
- Finish the lyric of 2017 RDMA performer Sabrina Carpenter: “That’s just the way of the world, and so ___________
- 2017 RDMA host and viral recording artist Alex Aiono got his start on which social platform?
- Which 2017 RDMA host stars in an upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie?
- Before landing his role in the Broadway musical “Hamilton,” which two Disney Channel Original Movies has 2017 RDMA host and performer Jordan Fisher appeared in?
- The RDMAs will feature the exclusive world premiere of “Ways to Be Wicked” from “Descendants 2.” What was the lead single from the first “Descendants” movie?
- Finish the lyric of 2017 RDMA performer Kelsea Ballerini: “You’re just a lost boy, with your head up in the clouds; you’re just a lost boy, _________
- Which 2017 RDMA performer has co-written songs for Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez?
- Finish the lyric of 2017 RDMA performer Noah Cyrus: “I never hated you like I do right now, _________
- (Answer: Jenna Ortega)
- (Answer: Train)
- (Answer: with drops of Jupiter in her hair)
- (Answer: five)
- (Answer: 1989)
- (Answer: Jennifer Lopez)
- (Answer: Hailee Steinfeld)
- (Answer: Best New Artist)
- (Answer: Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson)
- (Answer: Grace VanderWaal)
- (Answer: “They gonna keep on twiddlin’ them thumbs”)
- (Answer: YouTube)
- (Answer: Sofia Carson, “Descendants 2”)
- (Answer: “Teen Beach Movie” and “Teen Beach 2”)
- (Answer: “Rotten To The Core”)
- (Answer: “Never keep your feet on the ground”)
- (Answer: Julia Michaels)
- (Answer: “‘Cause all you ever do is make me cry, cry, cry”)
What other fun ideas do you have for watching the Radio Disney Music Awards with your family this year?