The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
What is Chromecast Audio and why is it different? Chromecast Audio is a small device that plugs into your speaker for streaming music through WiFi. Because Chromecast Audio uses WiFi instead of Bluetooth, you can stream crystal clear hi-res sound on your speakers, new or old, wirelessly from your phone, laptop, or tablet.
Advantages of Chromecast Audio
- Listen to your favorite tunes on your speaker
- By using your phone, it’s easy to play, pause, or change the volume from anywhere in the home. And while streaming, you can still text or call without interrupting what’s playing or draining your battery.
- Crystal clear sound, powered by the cloud
- Use Chromecast Audio to stream over Wi-Fi which has many advantages over Bluetooth including higher sound quality.
- Enjoy hundreds of your favorite audio apps
- Stream millions of songs, radio stations, and podcasts through apps like Pandora, Spotify, YouTube Music, and Google Play Music. Find more at chromecast.com/apps
- Play music everywhere with Multi-room
- Now you can easily fill every room in your home with synchronous music. Simply group Chromecast Audio devices together so you can listen to the same song on multiple speakers.
Chromecast Audio vs. Bluetooth
I have had Bluetooth enabled speakers in my home for quite some time, so when I was asked to try out the Chromecast Audio device I wasn’t really sure how this could be any different or why I would need it.
Then I actually tried it.
I realized that I could now use my phone to stream music I actually wanted to listen to on my old tuner/radio.
I have this radio in my office just to have some background noise, but I always end up shutting it off because the music playing on live radio is never really what I want to listen to. With the Chromecast Audio, I can now choose what to listen to at any time!
In addition, the sound quality coming through WiFi seems to be a bit better than listening via Bluetooth. I’m not a music aficionado, but I know what sounds better when I hear it. My Bluetooth speaker plays the same music on Pandora, Spotify, etc., but it sounds tinny.
Setup of the Chromecast is super simple as well. You plug it in, download the Google Home app, and it walks you through every step of setup automatically.
What Is Chromecast Audio?
The simple answer is a really easy and effective way to connect all your media devices and stream wireless music.
You can find out more about this amazing audio streaming device and what is Chromecast Audio by visiting Best Buy.
Do you stream music? Have you tried the Chromecast Audio or any other devices?
Let us know your thoughts on devices and/or your favorite streaming music app in the comments below!