Over the past few months, I have had the opportunity to discuss puberty and her changing body with my daughter. I’m not sure if the thought would have even crossed my mind so early if it hadn’t been for the #KotexMom ambassador program and all the wonderful information that I learned, and shared with you!
This campaign has been a blessing, as it has opened up lines of communication with my daughter on topics I didn’t even know we were both ready to discuss; and the tips I shared on talking with your daughter about her period have been really useful for me as well!
My daughter and I got to spend a little one on one time just bonding and talking about things that concerned her, what to expect, and just having a little fun together. That is so important when your child is in a house competing for attention with three siblings!
When I asked my daughter what she thought about having these talks with me, and using the website to find more information, she said she was a little uncomfortable at first, but the more we talked the better she felt. She said she is not going to panic, and she knows what she is suppose to do no matter where she is at. She said she learned how to take care of the problem without broadcasting it to everyone and how to be discreet.
Here are some of the highlights of what my daughter and I learned, and shared over the course of this ambassador program with Kotex:
- What every parent should know about having the talk with their daughter.
- Watch the informative video by Kotex and Nickelodeon Parents Connect that talks about having that first talk with your daughter.
- Nine things you should discuss with your daughter when you have the talk.
- It’s not just about periods!
- Are you ready to have the talk?
- You’ve learned things you should discuss, you know why it is important, but are you ready? Check out some things to remember when you are talking to your daughter about puberty or getting her first period — great tips for YOU.
- Will your daughter be prepared if she gets her period at school?
- Where you prepared? I wasn’t… read about it here and tips on how to help your daughter be prepared!
- Sharing Monthly Maintenance Tips with your daughter.
- Tips like avoiding stains, traveling when you have your period, mood swings, and more.
One of the most valuable resources throughout this ambassador program has been Kotex.com, where I learned tons of tips on how to prepare for talking to my daughter, as well as different ways to approach the subject.
My daughter has found the U by Kotex site very useful as well. UbyKotex.com is a site where tweens/teens can go to ask questions without the fear of feeling embarrassed. They can get answers from experts, a mom, or their peers. Everything is anonymous and tweens can search for answers on topics they may be interested in finding out more about.
The U by Kotex line of products is also specifically designed for tweens to fit them better. You can find out more about the products by visiting the website here: U by Kotex
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a Brand Ambassador Campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of U by Kotex Tween and received products to facilitate my post and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.
Content provided on this site is for educational purposes only and should not be construed to be medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content on this site is not a substitute for professional medical or health care advice, diagnosis or treatment, and may not be used for such purposes. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical question or condition. Reliance on information presented on this site is at your own risk. This site contains the opinions and views of other users. Given the interactive nature of this site, we cannot endorse, guarantee, or be responsible for the accuracy, efficacy, or veracity of any content generated by our users.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest updates on all things parenting, crafts, travel, and more!
You're almost there! Be sure to check your email to confirm your subscription.
By filling out this form you are agreeing to receive emails from
J Helgren Media LLC (The Mommy Bunch, Rock Your Craft).
Spam Free. Unsubscribe at any time.