Let’s talk vitamins. When did it become so impossible to pick out vitamins that actually give you what you need, and that you want to take? My biggest issue has always been my skin, hair, and nails. I’ve sought out the best vitamin for skin health because of this issue and have finally found something I like, and that works!
Ideally, kids and adults should get their vitamins from a balanced, healthy diet. While I strive to feed my family healthy foods and limit our sugar intake, I do know that we aren’t able to get all the essential nutrients we need from food alone (and we don’t always eat perfectly healthy).
Adults – Best Vitamin for Skin Health
I’ve been using Vitafive gummy vitamins beauty pack for my hair, skin, and nails. I’ve been thoroughly impressed with the results, and I know they are vitamins I can trust. According to Vitafive, “These vitamins are not only for your skin but they also contain all the essential micronutrients which you need for healthier hairs and nails. ”
Vitafive also lists these benefits of the vitamins contained in their beauty pack:
Biotin Benefits- How it Helps the Divas!
- Biotin serves as a coenzyme during the metabolism of fatty acids and amino acid. These fatty acids and amino acids are essential for maintaining healthy hair, nails, and skin.
- Biotin helps to protect skin from acne, stops fungal infections, prevents skin rashes and keeps your skin moisture.
- By supporting the functioning of the thyroid glands, biotin indirectly promotes the growth of hairs and nails.
- Deficiency of biotin can lead to hair loss and brittleness.
Vitamin C Beauty Benefits
- Vitamin C helps in the synthesis of collagen which provides flexibility to our skin. Lack of it can cause wrinkles.
- Vitamin C helps in the absorption of iron which keeps our hair strong and healthy.
- By replenishing the iron stores, Vitamin C also prevents fatigue and thereby helping with a vibrant and radiant skin.
- By playing a role in the strengthening of connective tissues and blood vessels, Vitamin C helps to maintain the integrity of the nails.
Omega 3 and Beauty
- Omega 3 ensures the smoothness and elasticity of the skin by providing fat and fat soluble vitamins.
- Fatty acids help your skin and scalp to remain hydrated thereby preventing them from dryness and itchiness.
- The ability of Omega 3 to reduce inflammation also contributes towards a healthy skin.
- Omega 3 keeps your nail strong and make them more durable
Bonus – Best Gummy Vitamins for Kids
We try to offer simple, healthy snacks for kids (<== see my list of snacks here), we make most of our meals at home, and we limit sweets, but is it enough?
According to WebMD
Given the reality of time-crunched parents, those well-rounded, home-cooked meals aren’t always possible. That’s why pediatricians may recommend a daily multivitamin or mineral supplement for:
- Kids who aren’t eating regular, well-balanced meals made from fresh, whole foods
- Finicky eaters who simply aren’t eating enough
- Kids with chronic medical conditions such as asthma or digestive problems, especially if they’re taking medications (be sure to talk with your child’s doctor first before starting a supplement if your child is on medication)
- Kids eating a lot of fast foods, convenience foods, and processed foods
- Kids on a vegetarian or a vegan diet (they may need an iron supplement), a dairy-free diet (they may need a calcium supplement), or other restricted diets
- Kids who drink a lot of carbonated sodas, which can leach vitamins and minerals from their bodies
Vitafive offers great kid’s health packs that can tackle those missing pieces from your child’s diet. I really like that my kids will actually eat them.
My Bottom Line Thoughts on the Best Vitamin for Skin Health
I’ve seen some really good results using the Beauty Pack of vitamins. I have skin that can be dry and blotchy, and my hair and nails do not grow very fast and are very brittle, but after using the vitamins for a while, everything seems to have improved in both strength and overall looks. I’ve very pleased.
The only thing I don’t like about these vitamins is that even though there are no artificial sweeteners, they are still filled with sugar. I know that goes with the territory for a gummy vitamin, so I just have to figure it into my daily sugar limit.
Since a good vitamin is essential to ensuring your body gets all of the proper nutrients, you don’t want to skimp out on quality. Vitafive is a great choice.
Learn more about Vitafive and get 10% off your first order HERE!
This post on best vitamin for skin health and best gummy vitamins for kids contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.