Have you ever had a taco pie? How about a taco pie made with ground turkey?
I love using ground turkey in recipes whenever I can. It is a great choice for those avoiding red meat, or if you just like the idea of a lean option for your recipes.
This recipe is always a huge hit with my family, and everyone loves when it is taco pie night! It is super simple to make too, you won’t believe how easy this all comes together.
To get started, just brown your meat and drain if necessary, then add one full bottle of your favorite salsa flavor and heat through.
Next, pour the mixture into a pie pan with the bottom crust already in place. Top with shredded cheese. I love using a four cheese blend, but any flavor will do. We are huge cheese lovers here so I always use a lot of cheese.
Cover with the top crust, then bake until golden brown.
It will come out looking just like a regular pie.
Until you dig in and enjoy that cheesy, taco-ey goodness!
The flakey pie crust adds just the right touch to the Mexican inspired flavors of the filling.
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts per box)
- 1 jar salsa of choice (14-16oz)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 8 oz shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- Brown the turkey in a 12 inch skillet (drain fats if necessary)
- Pour in entire bottle of salsa and heat through
- Pour mixture into pie plate with bottom crust in place
- Top with cheese and second crust
- Bake in 350 degree oven until crust is golden brown
- Serve with toppings of choice
So tell us…
What is your favorite way to enjoy #TacoNight? Have you ever tried a taco pie?
[Tweet “Need an easy 30 minute meal for #TacoNight? Try this flavorful Taco Pie with #JennieO ground turkey!”]
Thanks to Jennie-O for providing me with great tasting products, recipe and opinions are my own.